Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fatima95 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 07:37 PM
    Belly piercing?
    I've tried to pierce my navel before like 3 months ago... but it didn't really work!
    I have a ring and everything but I don't know what to do really...
    I know how to sterilize and everything... but I don't no what needle to use?
    I don't know where to get the needle?
    Helpp!!
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 09:03 PM
    If you don't know what you are doing, that is a sure sign that you shouldn't do it.

How do you sterilize everything? You need an autoclave. Do you have one of those? I doubt it. An autoclave is a machine that sterilizes the materials used in piercing. Nothing you can do at home will sterilize a needle enough to stick it in your body. If you use a dirty needle, you run the risk for irritation, infection, and if you are not careful, Hepatitis.

Your navel is a sensitive area. If not done correctly, you also run the risk of rejection. You have no earthly idea how painful rejection can be. Your body literally pushes the jewelry out, and not through the hole. It pushes it out of the skin in between the holes. If it rejects, it will leave a nasty ugly scar. Doesn't sound that appealing, does it?

If you don't know what needle to use, I suggest you go to a professional piercer. They DO know what needle to use. There is a certain type of needle that needs to be used in order for the piercing to be done correctly. If you try and use a regular sewing needle, you are in for a rude awakening.

Go to a piercer. Your risks for bad things happening are lowered significantly. If this is an issue where you are a minor and your parents won't let you get it, wait until you are 18. A piercing is not worth your health.
    900295 Posts: 74, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 10:25 PM
    Go to a professional. I have never tried piercing mine myself or else I would have probably screamed loud enough for my neighbors to say "WHEN DOES THIS KID SHUTUP!?!?!!"
    The place where I got mine done needed you too be 16+ to get it without a parent ( If your younger your parents just have to sign that they are allowing you to get this and yada yada yada ). Most places I believe you have to be 18+. They usually have piercers at tattoo parlors.
    Goodluck.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Feb 29, 2008, 04:34 PM
    :: Moved to Body Art ::

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly Piercing [ 4 Answers ]

How can I find a studiop that will pierce my belly if I live in Leeds,England

Belly piercing [ 8 Answers ]

Ok I got my belly pierced and when I clean it and every thing it still feels like there is soap in it or the salt water but I rinsh it really good so I don't no and I'm getting kind a scared I only hade it picered 4 days.I think it is healing really good though how long should I clean it for?I...

Self belly piercing. [ 16 Answers ]

Hi, I really want my navel pierced but my mum being my mum she said no I've got everything you would need to get it done lying about my room and I no how to serilise it etc My questions are, Should you go from top to bottom or bottom to top? How much forse should you apply on the needle to...

Belly Piercing [ 4 Answers ]

I got my belly pierced in early Nov and now it has a bump at the top and bottom and they look red. It was bleeding last Friday when I woke up and it also feels like there is a hard lump in it. I went to the tattoo shop last night and they said it didn't look infected but it hurts really bad. Is it...

Belly piercing [ 4 Answers ]

I had my belly button pierced about 6yrs ago and have never had any problems with it but all of a sudden it has started to feel irritated and looks a bit red. I took it out for a few days gave everything a good clean but have just tried to put it back in and it has instantly got irritated and red...

View more questions Search