Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thad Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jan 20, 2006, 07:24 PM
    Installing a basement shower(?)
    We bought a home that already had a sewage pump installed in the basement with three drains already installed in the concrete floor that leads to this pump's tank. One was for a toilet (which is covered), another is for a sink (which at present is in use) and the third is a drain pipe (rubber cover) about 2.5 inches in diameter and sticks 3 inches out of the concrete floor. It is the last one that we want to use as the drain to a shower.

The third pipe leads directly into the sewage pump tank that is located within the basement floor. My question is, "how do you install the base and trap for the shower?"
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Jan 21, 2006, 07:42 PM
    You should repost this in plumbing for Tom to properly answer.
    extreme42583 Posts: 53, Reputation: 3

Feb 1, 2006, 09:07 PM
    I added a shower in a basement with the same setup. I built the floor up around the shower to allow for the drains.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing new shower in basement, no drain [ 4 Answers ]

We are going to put a corner shower stall in our basement bathroom which currently only has a sink and a toilet. There is no drain where we want to put the shower. Do we have to break up the concrete and put a drain in the floor and then run pipes over to the toilet or sink drain, or is there any...

Installing drain for shower in basement [ 1 Answers ]

My questions has three parts. The purpose of this is that I want to install a shower in the basement. Background: I recently bought a 90 year old home. The basement has recently been redone (new concrete floor and completely dry--thank god). It already has a toilet installed, resting directly on...

Installing a Basement Shower Stall [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have a finished basement. There is an old double porcelain sink and on the opposite wall a toilet which is in front of the old cast iron lead joined main drain. I would like to install a sink and shower in the bathroom. I had a plumber look at it and he...

Installing shower in unfinished basement [ 1 Answers ]

I'm beginning a project to add a basement bathroom in our house. The house is only two years old and the basement is unfinished with concrete slab. The builder roughed in a drain for the toilet, sink and also the shower. My question is about the shower drain. Currently it is a 2" pvc pipe...

Installing a shower base in the basement [ 17 Answers ]

We bought a home that already had a sewage pump installed in the basement with three drains already installed in the concrete floor that leads to this pump's tank. One was for a toilet (which is covered), another is for a sink (which at present is in use) and the third is a drain pipe (rubber...

View more questions Search