Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kthunter88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 03:19 PM
    How do I make my Beagle puppy's smell go away?
    I just rescued a beagle blue tick puppy mix and I've tried every thing including; giving her multiple baths, all different kinds of dog shampoo and deodorant collars to remove her weird smell, nothing works... what else can I do? :confused:
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2008, 04:35 PM
    My first dog was a blue tick mix and boy did he smell. I was not used to being around animals so I guess I was really sensitive to the odor. I bathed the poor thing to death. The odor never left him I just got used to it. My son used to say he smelled like cornbread and loved the smell.
    Now to answer your question, I guess you could get doggie perfume or rinse her in a mix of vinegar water... vinegar is supposed to take any type of odor away... make sure not to get it around his face.
    Just be careful that you don't cause her skin problems from bathing her to often. Watch for itching, red or scaling skin.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2008, 04:52 PM
    What's the diet like? Have you asked your Vet?
    ayashe Posts: 81, Reputation: 9

Feb 11, 2008, 05:37 PM
    I have a dog who smells just awful.. She is releasing her anal glands. I use lots of frebreeze on the furniture, and bath the dog a few times a week.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Re ? About my puppy's bloody stool [ 2 Answers ]

QUOTE=momlene]Hello... I have a puppy which is a shi-poo... the puppy was found running down a street with it's female litter mate... I believe I have found out the people that have sold the puppies and the article said the puppies have had their 1st 5 way shots and wormed... the puppies are around...

Puppy's legs bendind inwards. [ 35 Answers ]

I got a Great Dane puppy when he was 6 weeks old. A bit early to leave the mother, yes, but there were 14 in his litter and the mother could not handle all of the puppies. He was a healthy, normal puppy, for the first week, the slowly we began to notice his fronts legs were bending inwards slightly...

Blood in Puppy's Stool? [ 1 Answers ]

What could cause blood in my puppies stool? Could this be serious or could it be worms, or something else?!

Puppy's first day home alone [ 3 Answers ]

We have just brought our havanese pup home from the breeder. He is 8 weeks old. I spent all day with him on Monday, as I could work from home, but this was only a temporary arrangement, and my wife and I are now working full time away from home. He is very comfortable in his crate, and he has a...

Puppy's Baby Tooth Question [ 2 Answers ]

Hi - I just heard my five-month-old daschund crying, and I checked to see what was wrong.  He was playing with a toy and apparently pulled a tooth out.  I found the little tooth, and it had blood on it.  I checked his mouth, and it's one of his front bottom bicuspids.  It's a little sharp one....

View more questions Search