Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skittles911 Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Feb 17, 2008, 05:29 PM
    Um, I have to agree with ragga because I've tried weed and actually gotten high once and I'm not addicted at all, I actually hated it, it had a horrible effect on me for sum reason, I think it was laced. But still I don't know about other people but my friend tried it once and she's not addicted either so maybe its just us but I don't think I know anyone that got addicted their first time, the only people that I know that are addicted do it like very single day and they've been doing it for a while now and like one time I had the urge to do it again but that's because I was having a bad day and I didn't do it, and now just a little while ago I actually got high for the first time and it scared the out of me I hated so yea..
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2008, 05:33 PM
    Just because you didn't get addicted doesn't mean some people do not.
    We never said you are automatically addicted the first time, the first week, the first year.
    Many people hate it like you and don't do it any more... some of them try other drugs instead.

You say it had a horrible effect and it scared you so it can't be all that harmless.
    Ragga insists it doesn't have any bad effects.

Feb 17, 2008, 05:41 PM
    Yea I know I'm just saying that lots of people don't get addicted and the only people I know that are, do it like every day. And one of my friends used to do weed regularly and than she just quit cold turkey and she was fine. And weed actually isn't that bad for u, its way better than cigarettes, its just really bad for you when its laced, which I think it was.
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2008, 05:47 PM
    Many people say it is better than smoking cigarettes or drinking. I notice that most the people that smoke weed say that -do smoke cigarettes too and/or drink too so I find the statement rather odd in justification. But that's just me.

I knew people that quite things cold turkey but society likes to lead people to believe that the ONLY way they can quite something is with professional help so most people actually believe that is the only way anybody can quite something.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 05:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittles911
    weed actually isnt that bad for u, its way better than cigarettes, its just really bad 4 u when its laced, which i think it was.
    ... if I had a nickel for every time some kid came up to me and told me this...

First of all... "weed actually isn't that bad for you"... is by far, the most foolish thing I've heard someone say on this forum. I'm assuming you mean to say, "It's not as bad as people are putting it out to be"... fine. I can maybe live with that. Marijuana has cognitive, physical, and psychological effects on the body. Is that harmful.. in my book, yes.

"its way better than cigarettes"...

Can you give me a reference (medical journal, scientific journal, etc) of some kind that actually says this? Other than your local grocery bagger and possibly your friends telling you this...

Yes, cigarettes are directly related to lung cancer. Yes, there are carcinogens and chemicals in cigarettes. I'm assuming that marijuana's "better" because it's "natural" and there aren't "chemicals".

Cannabis and its smoke actually contains twice the level of polyaromatic hydrocarbons... when compared to cigarettes. This means that you are twice as likely to get cancer from smoking marijuana than from cigarettes. The question you would ask is, "then why do more people that smoke cigarettes get cancer than people that smoke weed?" that's because people smoke 1 - 2 packs of cig a day while they only smoke maybe a blunt... maybe two... (maybe 3)... of weed.

There is evidence that cannabis actually produce five times more carbon monoxide than cigarettes... which is another carcinogen.

The thing is, there isn't much research done on the effects of cannabis vs. cigarettes. Either way, saying that it's "not as bad...it's way better" is quite foolish to say... it's as if asking the question, "What's better? shooting an arm or a leg?"
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 06:00 PM
    um, i have to agree with ragga because ive tried weed and actually gotten high once and im not addicted at all, i actually hated it, it had a horrible effect on me for sum reason, i think it was laced. but still i dont know about other people but my friend tried it once and she's not addicted either so maybe its just us but i dont think i know anyone that got addicted their first time, the only people that i know that are addicted do it like very single day and they've been doing it for a while now and like one time i had the urge to do it again but thats because i was having a bad day and i didnt do it, and now just a lil while ago i actually got high for the first time and it scared the out of me i hated so yea..
    Weed is one of the drugs that mot people DON'T get addicted to the first time. Meth, Crack, Heroine... those are the drugs that you can get addicted to the first time you try them.

As for pot... one joint is the equivalent of smoking 25 cigarettes (I'd have to dig my text out of the attic to provide the source and page number).

Marijuana is not necessarily physically addictive, but mentally (psychologically) addictive. All other drugs, including alcohol, are physically addictive. That means that once you have started taking it, your body NEEDS it to survive on a day to day, or hour to hour basis.

Feb 17, 2008, 06:27 PM
    I agree that its bad for you but its way better than other drugs,
    Practically the only other bad things about except for lung cancer is that it gives you short term memory loss and you get the munchies when your high,
    And I have to admit I didn't know about polyaromatic hidrocarbons but cigarettes but cigarettes are still kind of worse for you since it is addicting so you would do more of it, and cigarettes have like 4000 chemicals there's only like 400 in marijuana, and I'm not saying that its not bad for you but its not as bad as everybody thinks it is . It actually is good for you in some ways, like it makes you more creative and stuff.
    And obviously it would be better to shoot an arm because if you shoot a leg you wouldn't be able to walk, unless you were shooting someone else and didn't want them to walk. Just like I think that it would be better to smoke weed than cigarettes because you would get addicted to cigarettes

WikiAnswers - How bad is Marijuana for you

Marijuana - Telling Teenagers the Truth about Smoking Pot
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2008, 06:32 PM
    Some people get extremely paranoid on weed so they do a harder drug and say at least they don't feel paranoid.

Feb 17, 2008, 06:40 PM
    LOL that would be me
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 06:50 PM
    cigarettes have like 4000 chemicals theres only like 400 in marijuana
    tetrodotoxin <--- 1 chemical. Kills you pretty quickly.

average cologne/perfume <---- 7000 some odd chemicals.

amount of chemicals mean little to nothing.

it actually is good for you in some ways, like it makes you more creative and stuff.
    you wish you were creative when you were high. Some people actually "think" they are... but in reality, that's just it. They "think" they are. You ever see someone that's high? Do they look intellectual/creative to you? True artists can do it sober.

and obviously it would be better to shoot an arm because if u shoot a leg u wouldnt be able to walk
    ... that's... a nice way of looking at it. But really, it was a rhetorical question... but since you answered it... it really depends on where you shoot in the arm. You shoot an arm, high probability of shooting the brachial artery. Bleed to death. You shoot an arm, high probability you'll shoot the femoral. Again, bleed to death. My point was... either one is bad.

just like i think that it would be better to smoke weed than cigarettes because you would get addicted to cigarettes
    you can also get addicted to marijuana.
    Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 07:08 PM
    This is just getting ridiculous and rhetorical.

DRUGS ARE BAD!!

Plain and simple. I have worked in rehab centers with addicts of all kinds... Marijuana, crack, heroine, cocaine, alcohol, meth... Do I need to go on?

Drugs are bad, they destroy brain cells, they ruin your lungs, the pollute your bloodstream

Oxygen is the best drug for you... Yes, oxygen is a drug.

Feb 17, 2008, 07:11 PM
    Haha I was just joking about the arm and leg thing
    And um have you ever been high?? and yes I have seen people high lots of times and they might not look creative or smart, but did einstein? He looked like a crazy old man, and some of the most creative people I know have like adhd and add and do the weirdest things ever, how you look has nothing to do with what goes on in your head.
    And yes I know you can get addicted to marijuana but you can also get addicted anything,
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2008, 07:13 PM
    Looking crazy and being crazy on drugs are two different issues
    Expert

Feb 17, 2008, 07:14 PM
    Skittles hun, I have been high on more things than you can count on all 20 of your digits. I know what addiction is like first hand. I know, not only from education, but from experience.

Glad that part of my life has been over for more than 20 years now.

Yes, you can get addicted to anything, such as video games, gambling... but you won't die from withdrawal of video games or gambling. You can die from withdrawal from alcohol.

Video games and gambling won't kill you... but drugs can, yes even weed.

Feb 17, 2008, 07:24 PM
    Oh my god this is getting ridiculous
    I'm not even sure what I'm arguing about
    And gambling can kill you, practically anything can

Feb 17, 2008, 07:29 PM
    And also, practically all the famous musicians did weed
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2008, 07:32 PM
    AND Keith Ledger didn't even know what hit him with his legal prescriptions that doesn't mean I want to use that as an excuse to purposely muck up my system. You can justify it all you want you are going to do what you want anyway no matter what anybody says.

Feb 17, 2008, 07:40 PM
    OMG I'm just saying,
    And the beatles did weed and they were fine
    And I'm not trying to convince anybody to use drugs,
    And I'm not doing weed either, I actually hate weed at the moment
    All I'm saying is that weed's not as bad as everybody says it is
    I also think it messes you up, just not as bad as everybody thinks,
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 09:04 PM
    The friend who is now doing acid along with other drugs is lost, for now anyway. Don't follow. Being his parent is not your job. Taking care of yourself is your job.

Feb 17, 2008, 09:37 PM
    He tried it once, I don't know if he is doing it regularly so yea
    And I'm not planning to

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Acid did not go down [ 5 Answers ]

I was told by the guy at the hardware store that if plunging and using a snake don't work, try sulfuric acid. I bought a bottle and followed the instructions, but it didn't seem to work. The instructions say to flush five times when the drain is open, but I don't think it is and I'm afraid of...

Friends who turned out to be false friends [ 11 Answers ]

Does any one have experience of people they thought to be friends but they turned out to be false friends ?

Muriatic acid [ 10 Answers ]

What does one do with 3 quarts unused from a gallon container (bought at Sears)? How long can the 3 quarts be stored safely in the plastic container?

View more questions Search