Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 10:16 AM
    Testing vitamins for digestion
    I read there was a simple test to see if our bodies are disoolving our vitamins, but I can't quite remember how it goes. I think you put them in some type of vinegar.

I am concerned about my hard pills being assimilating.

Can someone tell me how to test them to see how well my body is assimilating them please.

Thanks in advance.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2008, 04:12 PM
    Yeah put it in vinegar and they say it should be dissolved within 45 minutes.

PetnBlog : Time to Test YOUR Vitamins

They say the sewage plants are getting backed up from so many undissolved pills.
    Sand Daddy Posts: 95, Reputation: 14

Feb 11, 2008, 04:42 PM
    The majority of vitamins are water soluble... your body will assimilate what it wants, needs, etc. The rest is evacuated via your urine. This is generally a high percentage...

I don't know of any simple do it yourself definitive at home test for this... but if anyone knows of one, by all means share.
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 04:45 AM
    You mention using vinegar to test vitamins. Is white vinegar okay to use?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2008, 03:58 PM
    Yeah
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2008, 03:09 PM
    The most important thing to look for is to see if the pill your taking says its "USP" designated, this proves the pill does what it advertises. Everything else, is simply old wives tale, we are water based, not vinegar base (for example)...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Digestion [ 3 Answers ]

Why is brown rice digest better than white rice?

Digestion process - oats allergy? [ 2 Answers ]

What happens two hours after we have eaten, at what stage is the digestion process at that moment? My little grandson, 9 months' old, is always violently sick exactly two hours after he's had oats. He has no trouble with any other grain, or indeed anything at all, and he has a very varied diet....

Digestion process [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 6th grade teacher and the students are currently learning about the digestion process from chewing to elimination. One of the students asked, "Why is our poop always brown?" I thought this was a good question because, as they pointed out, our food is all kinds of colours. Thanks for...

View more questions Search