Ask
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2008, 04:21 PM
    Do i weigh too much?
    I am 13. 5"2 and I weight 145.
    thighs= 51cm
    stomach= 71 cm
    I think I weigh too much. I look kind of fat. But I want other people opinion. I don't look skinny, nor fat. But I feel fat. I want your truthful opinion.:o
    eyeglass11 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2008, 04:55 PM
    At 5' 2", you should weigh 105 to 115 pounds.
    It is your decision to reach the correct weight.
    luvelylaura1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2008, 05:12 PM
    What should you weigh at 5 ft 7 please
    eyeglass11 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2008, 05:49 PM
    At 5' 7", anywhere around 130 to 140 is OK for a woman,
    150 to 160 for a man.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2008, 11:42 PM
    I wouldn't listen to eyeglass. I'm 5'1" and 130 lbs. that's still a healthy weight. If you're only an inch taller, than 145 is like borderline healthy weight or just over healthy weight I think. So maybe excericise more and eat healthier if you're not already. But I woudn't stress unless you're experiencing health problems or your doctor tells you that you need to lose weight.
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 03:38 PM
    I am in hockey 2 times a week, and Saturday and sundays. I am really active and into sports. And don't even eat much. I don't loose or gain weight at all:P hah but my grandma said I look like a weigh 100 or less:P
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 04:00 PM
    Different people at similar heights have different builds, so to say that someone who's 5'2" should weigh 105 - 115 is a bit narrow. Some people have more of an athletic build and can weigh more.

I would advise, however, that at 5'2"... weighing 145 may be a bit overweight. Your body will change naturally as you hit puberty, so I wouldn't stress over the weight, but watch what you eat and continue being active. You'll be fine.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Feb 12, 2008, 04:12 PM
    I would check with a doctor, because everyone has a different build. It can also depend on how much muscle you have. I would try to eat healthy, get at least a half hour of exercise every day, and make sure to drink lots of water. Try to avoid fast foods, sugary drinks, and processed foods. The doctor can help you figure out what a healthy weight for your height and age is.

During puberty, your body does change a lot. It is normal for your hips and thighs to get a little wider. I know in my case, my hips grew before my breasts did, and I felt really awkward, but after a couple years, it all evened out. :)

145 may be a little above the healthy weight, but like I said, I would check with a doctor because it depends a lot on your build and bone structure, as well as the amt. of muscle you have. The doctor can help you figure out a healthy eating plan too.
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 08:58 PM
    Ok well I appreiciate all your opinions. I did this thing on the computer and it said I eat an averagfe of 2056 calories a day. Is that a lot? Well I cut down to eating only 1500cal. I am more active in gym now, so I hope that I can loose some weight. But just throwing this out there, my 13 year old friend(she is about the same height) and weighs 156, but she looks skinny so I don't feel so bad now:P hah and I am really muscular(not trying to brag).
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2008, 09:22 PM
    Good. I wouldn't count calories as it tends to drive people crazy. Just eat healthier. Muscle is more dense than fat, so a muscular person tends to weigh more. Keep it up, and you'll be fine.
    eruditemargaret9 Posts: 32, Reputation: 3

Feb 18, 2008, 10:28 PM
    I disagree with a lot of the posts on here. BIG RED FLAG: this girl is 13. This is the age where women start going nuts over how they look, bingeing, fasting, developing bad habits while becoming acutely aware of what media expects of women based on models, etc. If this is affecting your self-esteem--which is totally understandable--did anyone mention being afraid they're not smart enough at 13? We're more likely to harp on an adolescents body than her confidence, intelligence and motivation. Unless you are totally inactive--which you are not--there is NOTHING wrong with the way you look and having others put you in a categorized box only perpetuates the problem. What you need to do is find interests and activities that make you feel good about yourself--become passionate about something, work on it, set goals. Don't worry about your body at this age, just eat well and continue with exercise and most importantly take your mind and self-confidence to the gym--THAT is what is going to save you more than anything in the long run.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2008, 10:42 PM
    If you're becoming more active, I would not cut down on calories. At least not by that much. 1500 is usually not enough for an active person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much should I aactually weigh [ 1 Answers ]

Im a 13 almost 14 year old girl, I'm about 5'8. About how much should I weigh? All my friends call me skinnny but I think I'm sort of fat. ANy help is great!:)

How Much Should She Weigh? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I Was Wondering How Much Should A Mini Long Haired Hashound Weigh? Coz At The MomEnt We Think Our 6 Year Old Is To Big/Fat And We Are Worried About How Much She Weighs So Please Get Back To Me

Why is it you weigh more when [ 4 Answers ]

Why is it you weight 3 pounds more during the day then you do in the morning? And how come people always say "Always weigh yur self in the morning" ?

How much should I really weigh? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 15 years only about 156 cm in hight. I am 15 years old quite muscular ( I go to the gym and I work out a bit. I also bike ride to school sometimes and I walk to school most days) . I weigh about 64kg but really I only have a little flab on my stomach mum says I should be about 50kgs or...

View more questions Search