Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brendaayers Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2008, 08:55 PM
    Laminate floor installation under a bannister
    My husband and I would like to install laminate flooring in our upstairs hallwall. We have done 3 of our other rooms, but do not know how to install in under or around the bannisters that overlook our stairway. Please help!
    retiredmanvan Posts: 35, Reputation: 4

Feb 9, 2008, 11:39 PM
    When installing Laminate flooring around pickets or hand rails of stairways etcetera, The Flooring Laminate manufacturers make special moldings called "reducer strips" that are used to give the floor a finished look in areas where you can not hide the edge of the floor. Call your flooring dealer and ask about matching moldings made to match the floor that you buy.

When in dought always ask a professional.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laminate floor [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone knew the best way to clean a laminate floor... I have a mohawk and it is horrible to keep clean... there is always foot prints and just cleaning it doesn't really come clean I tried a bunch of different cleaners and they all work the same so I was wondering if anyone knew...

Laminate floor help [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am new here but have a terrible problem with a laminate floor we laid about 18 months ago. We laid the floor on top of a well kept, still stuck, vinyl floor. Then the underlayment and then the laminate floor. This is in the kitchen Now here is my problem- in front of the sink,...

Laminate installation [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, My neighbor has glued a large piece of laminate to a freestanding counter. There is about a foot of excess material left on each side. What is the best method of trimming the excess material close enough to the counter so that a router can be used to finish the project? Thank you

View more questions Search