Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daisy27 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Feb 8, 2008, 08:07 PM
    Son's tooth got knocked out playing, what should I do?
    My son and his friend were jumping around, and his friend kneed him in the face. His bottom tooth fell out. It was his baby tooth that was wobbly, should I call the dentist?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2008, 08:10 PM
    I do not see any reason it, it was already going to fall out anyway.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 8, 2008, 08:11 PM
    It was a baby tooth. No biggy.

However, please be patient. Our dentistry expert will be on later hopefully. We do this for free. We volunteer our time.

She will help you when she is able. It is not necessary to post the same question multiple times.

Feb 8, 2008, 08:27 PM
    What if it was not his baby tooth, I'am paranoid now thinking it wasn't. My son claims it was wiggly and was going to fall out, what if it wasn't?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 8, 2008, 08:33 PM
    You don't know if your child lost a baby tooth or if this was an adult tooth?

How old is he?

Feb 8, 2008, 09:07 PM
    He is seven, He had one wiggly on the bottom, it had to be that one that fell out because his other one that fell out has started to grow in but is not all the way up yet.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2008, 09:09 PM
    Pack in ice and take to oral surgeon.
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2008, 09:15 PM
    Did it have a root on the tooth or was it only the upper portion? A dentist can also do an x-ray to make sure nothing was harmed below the surface of the gums. Also, the x-ray would show if the next tooth is ready to come through... or give additional advice if there are other concerns.

Feb 8, 2008, 09:26 PM
    The whole tooth came out, I looked at the bottom nothing is attached to it. I will call the dentist on Monday, they are not open on weekends. Although the bottom has a pointy edge on it. I'am positive it was the baby tooth, I was just really freaked out thinking it could have been a permeant one.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2008, 11:05 AM
    How big is the tooth that fell out? If it was really wiggly it probably was the baby tooth. Does the tooth that fell out have a smooth biting edge or is it bumpy? Is the tooth that fell out whiter than the adult one growing in beside? If it's whiter and has a smooth edge and is narrower than the one growing in, it is the baby tooth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tooth knocked out of place [ 1 Answers ]

One of my front teeth was knocked backwards 7 days ago and the root of the tooth went forward protruding into my upper lip and I can feel it almost in my right nostril. I went to the dentist and he was able to match up the bottom of my right front tooth with my left front tooth, but the injured...

Getting the wind knocked out of you [ 1 Answers ]

Why is it when someone gets hit in the stomach it "knocks the wind out of you"? Why does it take so long for someone to be able to breath again? What is actually happening?

View more questions Search