Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Edensmimi Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Feb 6, 2008, 05:46 PM
    Legal Forms For Selling Manufactured Home In Texas
    I may not be in the right category, if not please direct me to the right one. I am searching for a website that has free forms when selling a manufactured (mobile) home in Texas. I am selling it for cash, not sure how to sign title over etc. The land that it is on is not included in the sale. I would also need a form that pertains to the buyer paying half down (non refundable) and other half when he takes possession in 30 days. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Susan
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2008, 06:09 PM
    A mobile home is like an automobile - it has a title. If you can't find anything form wise, I would suggest you contact an attorney and have an agreement drawn up for you. It should not be that expensive and well worth the money versus you do it yourself not knowing what you are doing. Even if the place is only being sold for under $10,000 it is still worth the $ to consult with an attorney on this.

Feb 6, 2008, 06:11 PM
    Thanks for the advice I might just have to do that
    Susan
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 6, 2008, 06:16 PM
    Yes, you really want a contract for sale, that specifies exactly what they are or are not getting, esp that they are not getting the land. Also if they are to rent the land, or if they are to move the house, that is to be specificed, as to when the home is to be moved and any penalties for not moving it, you don't want it sitting there 3 years from now, if it was suppose to be moved in one month.

Also if you are suppose to disconnect things, electric, plumbing, or if they are. ( if being moved)

Also does the air conditional or stairs and the such go with the home.
    Also what happens to the first money if they don't pay the second part, it all needs to be spelled out.

Feb 6, 2008, 06:20 PM
    Dear Fr. Chuck is there a website that you can download for free such a form? The house is going to be moved from the land, there is a/c and a deck. I am doing this for my parents who truly can't afford to hire an attorney to do this for them. It is being sold on a cash basis, with us holding half (non refundable) for 30 days until the current tenants vacate.
    Thanks
    Susan
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 6, 2008, 06:34 PM
    You may try Legal Forms and Documents for your State - Legal Forms.com
    They won't be "free" but not to expenisve.

They have a "bill of sale" for mobile homes for Texas. I also if this was me, type up every issue you may want included and have it signed to cover yourself.

Feb 6, 2008, 06:39 PM
    Thank you Father,
    Susan Dugas

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Legal forms [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a website where I can print and/or download free legal forms like Contract for independent contractor? I went to one that said Free Legal Forms, but you have to pay $10 to download. Thanks!

Forms to relinquish parental rights in Texas [ 4 Answers ]

I need to find out where my daughter can get a free form for her husband ro relinquish his parental rights in Texas. Already filled out divorce papers and the divorce is uncontested. Need for husband to give up rights, he is schizophrinic with multiple personality disorder and depression. Please...

Manufactured home in my [ 6 Answers ]

We own a 1999 Skyline Woodfield home, we purchased it new in 1999. We are the sole owners, and have been trying for years to sell it, move it... rent it! NO LUCK-- We found land last year, and tried getting it moved to land ( it is land ready) No bank will finance it saying it won't appraise...

View more questions Search