Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tryintoconceive Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Feb 6, 2008, 12:00 PM
    Could I be
    If I ovulated on the 3rd day of February, had sex the day of and day before, could the egg be fertilized and attached to my uterine lining yet? If so, would a positive sign show on the pregnancy test? I've been cramping for a couple of days, but period is still due.:confused:
    mzdeb Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 12:48 PM
    Usually an ept test can show up about around the time your period is due... u can take blood test and they can tell you sooner I believe... good luck to u
    blk_beauty Posts: 25, Reputation: 3

Feb 6, 2008, 12:51 PM
    Hey, It's probably just your period about to come on. If your going to use a home test you would have to wait at least two weeks after you miss your period to know, Now your doctor can take blood and you'll be able to find out sooner.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 6, 2008, 03:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tryintoconceive
    If i ovulated on the 3rd day of February, had sex the day of and day before, could the egg be fertilized and attached to my uterine lining yet?
    Actually, no. It takes about 3 days for the sperm to travel up through the vaginal canal, through the uterus and up into the fallopian tube where the egg is fertilized. Once fertilized, it then takes almost another week for the zygote to travel back down the fallopian tube and into the uterus where it then takes about 48 hours to begin attaching to the uterus and making the placenta.

You are possibly just experiencing pre-menstruation cramps if your period is due soon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search