Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mel0055 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2008, 07:59 PM
    What is NJVPDI in Section 14 of my W-2?
    In section 14 of my W-2, I have an amount for NJVPDI. Where does this get included on my tax return? With the SUI/SDI? My work is in New Jersey but I'm not 100% sure where this should be included. Thanks for your help!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2008, 08:08 PM
    NJ Voluntary Plan Disability Insurance
    Mel0055 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2008, 08:11 PM
    Thanks for answering. So, where should it be included on the 1040?
    sharonxc17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2011, 08:30 AM
    You can include it on your shedule A as tax paid to state as itemized deduction but you should consider if you want to pay tax on disability benefit received when you actually claim it. By not deducting it, you can pay no tax on benefit received, or at least portion of it.
    pulapula Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2012, 10:11 PM
    This goes out to the members above. In 2010 my company took the Disabilty deduction under the NJSDI title on my W2. This year they used NJVPDI as the title on my W2 in box 14. I have received mixed opinion as to whether this is itemizable on Sched A. I am told that this represents a private plan and cannot be itemized. However, a Turbo Tax person, told me it is because the private company acts as an agent of the employer. So I am confused as to whether it can be itemized on Sched A. I have always listed it in my TT program when it was under the NJSDI code. The deduction in my paycheck is exactly what the State requires it to be. What is different is that I go through that Insur. Company to collect the disabilty check vs receiving one from the STate of NJ. Can anyone shed a better light on this or clarify if it is itemizable or not??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Section 8 [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find out how you can get section 8. I was woundering how long it takes and also if you had to have good credit or what it requires! Can someone please tell me a little about this?

Section 8 -vs- inheritance [ 1 Answers ]

I typed in a question (my first). I edited it to add my name and it disappeared or so it seems. HELP.

Section 8 [ 4 Answers ]

I just started renting on section 8 two years ago in CT and now my landlord is charging me for having a washer and dryer in my unit. He never discussed this and the hook-ups were already in place in the unit. He said that I have to pay him but nothing is stated about that in my lease agreement. ...

PA04 section A qn 3 [ 6 Answers ]

A progressive wave in a stratched string has a speed of 20m/s and a frequency of 100Hz. What is the phase difference between two points 25mm apart? A) zero B) pi/4 rad c) pi/2 rad d) pi rad the ans is B but I'm not sure how to obtain it

View more questions Search