Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    boop21197 Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Feb 2, 2008, 03:26 PM
    What is love? Why does it hurt?
    I would really like to know why loving someone and begin in love hurts so much to were it feel like your inside are just going to bust out?

What is the REAL meaning of love?

How is it, that you can try and show how to love and they don't get it or they don't understand the true meaning of loving someone? They totally avoid it,

I have had many loves in my life time, I'm 54 now, born in 53', in a beach town called panama city, fla. And I had the best times of my life there growing up, around the beach thing, it's was so great just working on the beach at sunset, walking along the water, or finding a place to sit down and look out over the sea as the sun goes down, it's one that I will never forget.
    I got out of school in 1972, and married,my boyfriend for 3 years, that has my very frist love, we married 4 days after I got out of school, but time change, married at 18, I should have listen to my mom and dad, 10 years later, I left him, cause I found that they're were other than I wanted to get to know, and party around, get crazy,
    I could go on, but I know that your getting boring with all this stuff, I just know that now I found my really first true love, and it hurts,
    I feel that I'm to late, I 'm wishing that I knew him 20 years ago, we married, then divorce 10 years later, matter of fact last oct. of 2007, but see are still seeing each other and I ask him , why don't we get remarried, and his says nothing, he changes the subject, why? I have even ask him why, and nothing,
    But I can't leave cause I love him so much and I'm really fighting here to try and get thur to him, that I'm starveing, for affection, passion, kissing, huging, caressing, and I'm not getting it, when he does hug me I can feel an engerg coming into me, and it feels great. But that is very very very rare, he will not go to class , or groups with me, he says that don't work, he won't watch those movies that , well you know,
    I just don't know what to do any more, I know feeling hurt, rejected, ulgy,
    Oh well thank you for listening, if you think of anything, please let me know, who ever reads this , hope you have a great loving day, I hope that you never have the feelings I have right now, everyone deserve happiness in they're life, it's what makes you feel young, it's make you want to stay around and do things, you have always wanted to do,
    And the thing that really makes it better, doing it with someone you love so very much,
    Be friends, bubbies,lover's,supporter's,
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 2, 2008, 05:02 PM
    what is the REAL meaning of love?
    Making the commitment to be together, and a willingness to work together, to build a life we can both be happy with. US against the world. It's the hard times that we have been through together, that makes the good times oh, so special. Doesn't sound as if that's what you have, and you may have to re-evaluate this relationship, and figure what adjustments need to be made, so you both can be happy. It takes two to do that.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2008, 02:46 AM
    Love. We have it confused with other things. That's why it hurts. I'm sorry that you feel so bad. I've been there, and suffered. Sometimes I don't want to let go of the pain of the past.

Love is freedom. Love does not involve need, unmet needs being fulfilled or restrictions (like marriage). That big hole inside us, can only be filled by us realizing that we are already everything we need. Only if you do not need him in any way, can you truly love him.

What hurts is not the love you feel, or the lack of it. What hurts, are the lies we choose to believe. Love of another makes a person complete. That is not true. You are born complete, another person is there to help you enjoy it.

You are grieving and hanging on to the past. The moment you are in is the only one. Love yourself, right now.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Feb 3, 2008, 01:02 PM
    I must commend you for your heart wrenching question about the despair that unsuccessful male-female sexual and love relationships can inflict on the sensitive woman. Few people are capable of such honesty.

A man cannot be the all consuming "love" of a woman if she wants to enjoy life and have happiness. In the long run, men can be taught to be good sexual partners, but as for love, there are many other people to have satisfying "love relationships" with besides one's husband such as children, friends, parents,. because there are **several different kinds of love**. That is what love is, different in different situations. The protective loving of a child, the grateful love for parents, the jolly love for friends, the sexual love shared with a young husband...

Love hurts when you are loving the wrong man and not getting love back.

I hope you find a way to be happy in 2008 :),
    sant55 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2008, 02:51 AM
    OK ! "what is love? why does it hurt?" really very serious question. I tried to think again and again. But I think love is mixture of sentimental+spiritual+physical+ other stuffs.
    It really hurts when you love the wrong person.
    Good luck
    l12 Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Feb 18, 2008, 10:26 PM
    That's are hard question to answer... we are all looking for that undeniable since of true love... and few find it... You have to find a way to fall in love with yourself... and know that you are worthy of love... still finding the love with someone else is a mystery to me too... but feeling good about yourself and showing that will let others see your bright spots and find you...
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 09:03 AM
    I think you are lonely and want affection; mature, serious affection; I think you are fearful, like everyone else, of what would become of you if you left since you are divorced but still living together; and I believe you are depressed because your need for affection and inaction have you very frustrated. What I would do is separate from your husband on a temporary basis, say 90 days; and then reassess your relationship with him. Whether you separate or not, don't work yourself so hard, but get into your community and volunteer at the hospital or take a yoga class, or something that will get you into a group activity. You might take a dance class if you can find one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it wrong for me to be still in love with someone I hurt? [ 5 Answers ]

I met her over the internet and moved out to her and I kind of didn't tell her everything about me so when I got there she found out how I was. She was hurt that she became heartbroken. But yet I am still in love with her.

Love, understanding love, types of love [ 12 Answers ]

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. We all use love so much, we could say we love someone, then the next moment, we say we love our car, or wed love a big mac. I was watching this interesting video, in which this guy explained that the hebrews had 3 words for love. Raya- friendship...

Love triangle that going hurt someone [ 1 Answers ]

my bro as know this girl for since he was in the 6th grade and now he 15 and she 16 they try go out many times but only last for a day. The funny thing is there the best of friend but I know that both of them have feeling for each other but there have both share the feeling a lot times. OK this...

I hurt the love of my life [ 10 Answers ]

I am dating a wonderful man I want to marry one day. But I think I have ruined it all. He is so talented there is nothing he can't do. We are both separated and going threw a divorce so we are in the secret stage in our life. I know that is wrong to do. I had been a really good christian. I...

Hurt the one I love [ 9 Answers ]

My boyfriend is the most wonderful man in the world. He's honest, caring, respectful, and always makes me feel good. We've been together for 10 month, and yes I really think he's the one. I don't see myself without him. We have our problems like any couple but made the decision right away to talk...

View more questions Search