Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrissy32290 Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Feb 2, 2008, 01:55 PM
    Need to lose my stomach!
    I am 17 and I go to the egym around 3 times a week and I do mostly cardio but I do lift weights... now the problem I am having is losing my stomach fat... I do situps on the pilates balls and ill be sore but I don't see any results I feel like it's a waist of time, and I haven't lost any weight I stay at a constant weight... im 5'5 and weight 138 lbs... what should I do??
    pasiria Posts: 161, Reputation: 29

Feb 2, 2008, 02:01 PM
    How long have you been doing pilates and situps? Also, how many sit-ups a day. What kind of diet do you follow?
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Feb 2, 2008, 02:06 PM
    Are there personal trainers at the gym? They can really help you figure out an exercise program to target certain areas. Make sure to drink plenty of water and eat healthy and all. Sometimes you won't lose weight for a while on an exercise program because you are gaining muscle at the same time you are losing fat. So it takes a while to see those numbers dropping. For me, the stomach is my "problem area" ; I always lose weight there last. Hang in there!
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2008, 07:32 PM
    Talk with the trainers of course, and see what else you can add to your program. and then review what your eating... is it healthy and natural foods, in the right portions, Cutting out fatty, fast and fried foods, as well as high sugar and high salty snacks, drink lots of water, and cut out all presweetened high fructose corn syrup drinks like soda, keep portions small. It takes time to lose body fat with exercise as well as a over all body exercise program.
    MassNutrition Posts: 75, Reputation: 5

Feb 2, 2008, 10:27 PM
    Cardio... it's the only way. You can do sit-ups until you're blue in the face and they won't do a thing. You need to bring your body fat percentage down. This is why all the gimmicks in the world are just fads. Everyone gets discouraged after buying some sort of ab machine off TV because they never get the results they want.

I would suggest doing 1 hour of cardio 3 times per week minimum. You need to gradually work up to this level. Start doing 20 min per session and work your way up with 10 min at a time until you reach that 1 hour level. This may take weeks. Use a stair climbing machine or treadmill. I would also suggest doing this first thing in the morning to utilize fat stores, IF you can.

And of course as already suggested, eat clean, and be wise about you food choices. Quantity isn't so much a concern, it's more "quality" in the foods we choose. Good luck.
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Feb 5, 2008, 10:14 AM
    Trainers are expensive. But to help you out we need to know more about your physique. What is your weight, height, and if at all possible what is the length around your stomach. You can do allot to loss fat but a really good way is cardio and swimming. They are the top 2 in my books. I help allot of people loss weight in my line of work. Plus eating right is a big key as well.
    Have a look at this site and try to do all three areas. It will help
    6 Pack Abs Exercises - Abdominal Sit Ups For Six Pack Abs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How I lose weight in my arms and legs but not my stomach? [ 5 Answers ]

kay so my stomach is super skinny, but my legs and arms aren't. they aren't fat, they are pretty muscular..well my legs are..but my arms are just fat. they don't fit my body at all. its weird. i've done push-ups and i'm a cheerleader, but it never turns into muscle. someone please help me....

What causes big stomach or flappy stomach [ 8 Answers ]

What causes big stomach or flappy stomach? How can that be prevented?

How Do You Lose Weight In The Stomach Area? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 4'9'' and i weight 130 pounds. My doctor says that beacause I am so short I am suppose to be 99 lbs which I dont believe but apparently its true. I want to lose weight. When I played soccer I was a size 3 and now I'm a size 12. I really want to lose weight Can anyone help me out please??

Stomach [ 2 Answers ]

Good day! I have a problem with my stomach I believe.Its like every time I drink up or eat something I get this moving weird feeling in my stomach.In that very moment I can not breath properly. It especially occurs when I get excited.. Has anyone got idea what tha might be?

Want to lose stomach. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I started going to the gym to get more in shape. What should I focus on when I am there in order to lose my stomach ? I have gained some weight but it seems to all be in my stomach. I feel like I look pregnant. It makes me feel uncomfortable by the way I look. Also,what can I do when I...

View more questions Search