Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2009, 08:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by PERSONAL3 View Post
    you can sue for slander and all that other stuff with the right proof. The amount is unknown.

You can only sue for monetary damages if you suffer monetary damages. I see no monetary damages here.

You can sue anybody for anything, including "all that other stuff." That doesn't mean you aren't going to spend a lot of money and lose.

Again - you need damages, monetary damages in an amount you can prove, to win and collect. Where do you see monetary damages here?

Moderator - time to close this thread. It's old and nothing is being accomplished other than bad legal advice being posted.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2009, 08:14 AM
    Freedom of speech.
    Hello P:

THIS is a private web site. You have NO such freedom here. This is the LEGAL board. If you want to dispense legal advice, it needs to conform to the law, or it will be challenged.

Peace out.

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2009, 08:18 AM
    Freedom of speech. Seems you need prayer even for the legal side peace out.

And you need to read the rules of the site - prayers always welcome, by the way.

Freedom of speech does NOT extend to this Board, by the way. It's a legal advice board, not a shoot off your mouth board.

Peace out (how old are you)?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Slander , Libel and defamation of Character [ 2 Answers ]

How hard is it to prove that someone has defamed your character and is it something worth pursuing? They used the word allegedly in the newspaper, but the story was completely fabricated and untrue. Is it worth pursuing since people believed the story was true. Thank you

Slander and Defamation of Character [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know if I can sue my husbands x-wife for stating on paper through her attorney that I have called her daughter a lesbian. Also, for stating that I have tried to cause her child harm by sending elicit pictures of her daughter to the school she attends. All these are wrongful and...

Defamation of Character [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if I can counter-sue for defamation of character and slander for this situation. I responded to a person's house who called police. Upon arriving there the person was uncooperative. He decided that he did not want the police there anymore and in order for him to shut...

Defamation of character [ 6 Answers ]

If someone that works at the front desk of my apartment building calls me a "bad tenant" while on the phone with someone that called to leave a message for me, is that considered defamation of character?

View more questions Search