Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jahubb Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 02:16 PM
    Allcated income
    :eek: I'm so confused, someone please help!
    M and C are partners. At the beginning of the current year, M's capital account is $ 30,000
    An C's is $ 50,000. M and C decided to allocate income with 10% interest on capital balances at the beginning of the period and divide the balance equally. Net income for the current year is $ 80,000. Each partner withdrew $ 15,000 for personal use during the year. Determine the amount of income that will be allocated to each partner.
    A. M $30,000: C, $50,000
    B. M $32,000: C, $32,500
    C. M $35,000: C, $37,500
    D. M $39,000: C, $41,000
    Pleas tell me how to solve this problem, you don't have to give me the answer just explain how to figure it out, Thank You!!
    MaggieMouse Posts: 226, Reputation: 8

Feb 2, 2008, 10:53 AM
    This is to test you the difference between income and return of capital in a partnership. Partners withdraw cash for personal use is return of capital, has nothing to do with income allocation, therefore, don't do anything with it.

Income is $80, M gets 10% of $30, C gets 10% of $50, that left $72, they split 50/50, each gets $36. Now add up for each, M-$36+$3, I guess you can figure out what C gets.
    jahubb Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2008, 06:24 PM
    Maggie Mouse, Thank You!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I have to file Income Tax on S.S. Income? [ 5 Answers ]

Regarding filing Income Taxes (over age of 70), on Social Security Income? Is there an amount of Social Security Received for the year that dictates whether I have to file Income Taxes on "only Social Security" only income earned in 2007, or any other year?:rolleyes:

Wealth & Income Dispersion, Income Mobility, and Economic Injustice [ 20 Answers ]

There's a lot of trash being talked here and elsewhere these days about how income and wealth are distributed among the US populace, how these distributions are changing, what is causing these changes, and whether those changes are benign or malevolent. Beyond that lie the questions of whether,...

Does the Income Summary Balance go to Income Statement [ 3 Answers ]

I am doing a 10 column worksheet and I have a credit $ amount in the Income Summary account in the Adjusted Trial Balance. Do I move that to the Income Statement or the Balance Sheet section of the worksheet?

2006 taxes: F-1 OPT Income & Foreign Income [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a somewhat complicated question about my 2006 taxes... I came to the US in 2001 on a student visa (F1). After I finished my degree I worked one year under OPT, and I left when my OPT/visa expired in May 2006 and went home to my native country and got a job there. So basically I...

Income Tax on Social Security & Interest Income [ 1 Answers ]

I collect SS, withdraw interest income monthly and sell real estate. I am wondering since my interest income & real estate commissions exceed the SS allowable income cap of $12,000 will my SS for the next year be reduced? Will my real estate expenses be deductible from taxes owed on my...

View more questions Search