Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jadenic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2008, 10:15 AM
    Feelings for my ex
    I am twenty eight. I have been happily married for 8 years and I have 2 kids however a few weeks ago my ex contacted me and wanting to know what I have been doing. After chatting on line for a while I got know what he has been doing and reminiscing about old times.
    We used to be sweethearts in our teens. We went to different universities and we found it really difficulty to have a long distance relationship,as time went by we just lost contact. We both managed to achieve our career goals and both got married. However his wife passed away and he has been a single dad.
    He always made it clear how he feels about me and to be honest I have always had feelings for him Iam attracted to him now more than before and if I wasn't in a relationship I will start seeing him again.
    A week ago I emailed him, told him how I felt about him and how reluctant I was to risk my marriage to get back with him. He hasn't contacted me since.
    Now I am really confused and don't know what to do because I love him so much and I feel like I have made the worst mistake by letting him go. I have a good relationship with my husband but I can't stop thinking about my ex. I have been feeling really down that its begginning to affect my job and family please help.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 31, 2008, 10:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jadenic
    if i wasnt in a relationship i will start seeing him again.
    Darlin, you're not in a relationship, you're in a marriage. Marriage is a whole different level that just a "relationship."

Quote Originally Posted by jadenic
    A week ago I emailed him, told him how i felt about him and how reluctant i was to risk my marriage to get back with him. he hasnt contacted me since.
    This man is doing the right thing. He's recognized that you are married and he is not contacting you.

You don't want to go down the road of a relationship outside of your marriage, it will only end with pain and things you wish you could do over. You said that you have a good marriage. Don't ruin it. Its really not worth it. Focus on your husband and your children... your family. They love you.
    EuRa Posts: 315, Reputation: 64

Jan 31, 2008, 10:26 AM
    I have been happily married for 8 years
    Oh really? Then your ex wonders in out of NOWHERE basically, and you are thinking about leaving just like that? How "happily married" can you be! Disgusting.

He contacted you because his wife died. You were the next closest thing he probably ever had in life, and to tell you the truth, you are kind of a rebound for him, whether physically or not. He's just looking for a little confort/meaning/support in his life, and you went above and beyond that, and turned it into "I LOVE HIM".

Of course he hasn't contacted you since. His wife died, he went to you, then you responded how you would leave your husband, break up a marriage, shatter 2 kids lives, all because of him. HE FEELS GUILTY! He obviously doesn't want that! If I were him, I'd stop contacting you too. You went overboard.

I feel sorry for your husband. I feel more sorry for your kids. This is absolutely ridiculous, and if you were standing in front of me right now, I'd verbally let you have it.
    DMBacoustic Posts: 65, Reputation: 15

Jan 31, 2008, 11:17 AM
    I would have to agree with Eura. He contacts you out of the blue after 8 years of marriage and you're ready to split just like that. It really is just sad.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jan 31, 2008, 12:24 PM
    Seriously! Your husband has earned this? The man who has stood by your side, slain your dragons, sired your offspring and warmed your bed has earned THIS?

Do you look on him with such disdain? This is issue is NOT about your feelings for an ex. Those aren't feelings, they are memories of feelings. Period. Memories are great, but your talking like a 12 year old. Feelings are NOT reality, and memories of feelings are zero.

God gave you a heart and a mind, neither one of which should be the method by which you destroy those who love and support you most. Your heart should recognize the true love in your life, your mind should do it if your heart doesn't.

And you mention your kids and your thoughts of splitting in a single sentence! Sheesh! Go hug those kids. Play in the park, do the homework, piano lessons, camping, whatever. Get your head off the internet. Your husband might "understand" this crap, but your kids will forever assume it was them, they just weren't worth loving.

TO ALL - if you have anything remotely smelling of "thoughts" for exes when you are no longer single, never contact them. What a waste of energy, creates these very situations where you have to talk yourself INTO staying faithful. Good grief!
    EuRa Posts: 315, Reputation: 64

Jan 31, 2008, 02:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBeaucaire
    Seriously! Your husband has earned this? The man who has stood by your side, slain your dragons, sired your offspring and warmed your bed has earned THIS?

Do you look on him with such disdain? This is issue is NOT about your feelings for an ex. Those aren't feelings, they are memories of feelings. Period. Memories are great, but your talking like a 12 year old. Feelings are NOT reality, and memories of feelings are zero.

God gave you a heart and a mind, neither one of which should be the method by which you destroy those who love and support you most. Your heart should recognize the true love in your life, your mind should do it if your heart doesn't.

And you mention your kids and your thoughts of splitting in a single sentence! Sheesh! Go hug those kids. Play in the park, do the homework, piano lessons, camping, whatever. Get your head off the internet. Your husband might "understand" this crap, but your kids will forever assume it was them, they just weren't worth loving.

TO ALL - if you have anything remotely smelling of "thoughts" for exes when you are no longer single, never contact them. What a waste of energy, creates these very situations where you have to talk yourself INTO staying faithful. Good grief!
    I already gave reputation to this poster, so I cannot give it to her again so quickly, but I would in a heart beat. I don't know who you are or where you came from JB, but I am so happy that you are hear, because everything you speak is the truth!

GREAT POST!
    thegirlishurting Posts: 38, Reputation: 5

Jan 31, 2008, 04:02 PM
    Well, got to agree with Eura's post.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 31, 2008, 04:59 PM
    Thank God your ex, has more sense than you do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

New boyfriend.but feelings for your ex [ 2 Answers ]

My ex has a new girlfriend and I have a new boyfriend. Every time I'm with my new guy, all I can think is about my ex... is that wrong?? And everything that me and my boyfriend do.. I always compare it for some reason.. And my ex does the same thing too... as he "told" me. So should I break up...

Can she really have no feelings? [ 6 Answers ]

I have an odd situation on my hands. I've met a girl who I've been talking to for a while, mostly on the phone, although I have met her once for drinks. She seems pretty cool. She one of those girls who is like one of the guys, you know, loves sports, drinks beer, is very funny! A guys dream...

Why am I having these feelings [ 18 Answers ]

I really need some advice on what to do, since you guys really seem to be very understanding, a couple of months ago I got pregnant with the IUD in well I lost that pregnancy not long after finding out, I have been taking birth control pills for a month now and I went to the doctor the other day...

Does he still have feelings for me?=[ [ 4 Answers ]

I'm having a huge confusing problem right now. I'm still not over my ex-boyfriend. You see, I broke up with him in early December and for some reason I though it was a HUGE mistake. It was a long distance relationship. We went to middle school together and I had to move. We later met again on...

View more questions Search