Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donie Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2008, 08:37 PM
    3phase over 1phase
    What is the difference between 3phase over 1 phase system?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2008, 09:00 PM
    More efficient, lighter motors are possible with better characteristics.
    danar Posts: 69, Reputation: 2

Feb 27, 2008, 02:19 AM
    In transmitting Electrical Energy 3phase system is more economical than single phase system
    Jithendran Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2008, 11:27 PM
    In 3 Phase system ,The load can be balanced & the system performance shall be good .This increases the life of the upstream power sources & cables.The electrical parameter shall also be in limits.
    In 3 Phase system ,The efficiency of the equipment increases & the current consumption shall be less.. It means energy saving .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Convert 220 VAC 1Phase to 2-110VAC circuits [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 220VAC single phase 30 amp circuit that I would like to split into two 110VAC circuits. The 220VAC circuit has 3 wires and if I measure across the two main terminals I get the 220VAC and if I measure between a main terminal and what appears to be ground, I get the 110VAC. If I take one of...

3 phase supply Vs 1Phase Supply [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted to know difference between 3 phase and 1 phase conceptually

Wire a 3phase welder with 1phase power ? [ 2 Answers ]

Have heard this can be done but wanted to get some help. Have a three phase welder and wondered if I can directly wire a single phase line to it? I realize I would loose 66% of the out put which is fine but just wanted to know if it can be done. If so were do I put the single phase lines to? There...

Fitting 30ma circuit breakers to 3phase distri. Box [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I am living in the South of France and the power supply to my house is 3 phase. The overall supply is 9kv giving a max of 3kv on each phase. I tried to fit a type AC 30ma breaker to each phase for safety reasons but have failed somewhere! The supply is 3 lives (220v each) and 1 neutral. I...

Trouble shooting a 3phase system [ 10 Answers ]

Hi All, I have a 480 VAC 3 phase ungrounded system. We monitor the system via a set of lights for each phase. If one phase goes to ground then that light should glow bright. In my case I have the B phase light out completely. While trouble shooting the problem I found which disconnect switch was...

View more questions Search