Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Vasquez Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 04:33 PM
    1099's in PA
    What is the cut-off date in which a company must give 1099's? And what happens if they are not provided? What can I do to secure them in order to file?
    Barry D Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 10:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasquez
    What is the cut-off date in which a company must give 1099's? And what happens if they are not provided? What can I do to secure them in order to file?
    Generally, the due date on w-2's, 1099's etc is 1-31-08 for the 2007 tax year. What can you do if they do not send them? File your federal and State returns based on your best estimate of income and enclose a note to that effect. When you do get them( 1099 etc.) you may need to file an amended return(s). What will happen to the employer if they are late? As a practical matter, not much.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 30, 2008, 01:10 PM
    Actually, 1099s can be mailed as late as mid-February.

If you do not get thm, you STILL have the requirement to report the income you received.

If the employer is late sending them out, they get fined by the IRS and perhaps by the state as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Questions on Filing 1099's [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am filing 1099's for my company for the first time, I have a couple of questions that are not clear to me in the IRS documentation. It says that you do not issue a 1099 for merchandise. Our company purchases molds that a tooling shop produces for us, many of them are not incorporated;...

Who should receive 1099's? [ 12 Answers ]

We have an LLC and have paid several individuals more than $600 for services, etc. What service providers should we issue a 1099 for? Mostly we are talking about newspaper advertisers and sign makers/installers?

Filing 1099's W/$0 income-2007 tax yr. Is a refund possible? [ 15 Answers ]

Hello, This is my very first time on the ask me desk. Here is my question- Filing 1099's W/$0 income for the 2007 tax year. Yes folks, 0 income stated on the 1099's We are a family of 5, 2 adults, 3 children and we have almost completely depleted our savings. We are both Realtors...

1099's and corporations [ 1 Answers ]

It is my understanding that if my business is a corporation I can ignore any 1099's sent to me? Is this correct

Cafeteria Plan and 1099's [ 1 Answers ]

I participated in a Section 125/Cafeteria Plan when working for my former employer. I incurred continuous daycare expenses and received reimbursement through the end of my employment. I received a 1099 Miscellaneous income about 2 days ago. When asked, my former employer said they couldn't find...

View more questions Search