Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Donna Mae Posts: 55, Reputation: 14

Jan 28, 2008, 04:26 PM
    Water Pump not working
    We had cold weather and we lost our water. It still hasn't come back. We replaced a blown fuse but it still doesn't work. Does the pump come on even if it needs to be primed? It makes no sounds. Does this mean that the motor is burned out? Or do I just need to prime it?
    Thank you.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2008, 05:04 PM
    Try priming it. If it doesn't work then, you'll have to call a repair person to fix the problem.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2008, 05:13 PM
    Probably needs priming. I am assuming this is a jetpump (above ground). Take out the fuse. Unscrew the plug or pressure gauge and pour in water until full. Replace the plug and fuse. You may also need to reset your switchsif it has a reset lever on the side. This is there to protect your pump. When pressure drops below a certain point (10# or so below cut in pressure, I believe), the switch cuts out, "assuming" that the pump is dry and protecting it against running dry. This site explains it pretty well.

Boulder/GNC Water Well: How to reset a Square-D Low Pressure Cutoff (-M4) Switch

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to tell if circulating pump is working [ 2 Answers ]

I have and older Furnace with Hot water Cast Iron radiators (2 floor, 1300 sq ft house). Had to turn on furnace for first time over weekend and it took about 50 min to get the temp from 63 up to 66. The radiators heat unevenly and I was listening for the circulating pump to go on so I could bleed...

Blower on top of heat pump not working [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Coleman heat pump that is less than 2 years old and has worked well up until a couple of days ago. Now, the air conditioning and the heat will not work, but the fan and furnace still works. After checking things out myself for small problems with the electrical box, etc, I noticed that...

Well Pump stops working [ 4 Answers ]

Anything to do with plumbing is my worst area to deal with. Twice in the past week our Goulds above ground jet pump suddenly stops it's on and off cycling while running the water and the water quickly ran to a trickle and stopped. After about 2 minutes it suddenly started again, but with spurts of...

View more questions Search