Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starkool Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2006, 11:03 PM
    Getting rid of love handles
    Hello. I just want to ask if u know of a certain exercise that could help get rid of my love handles in the hips. Thank you.
    amberlynn Posts: 47, Reputation: -1
    -

Apr 3, 2008, 08:43 AM
    I'm no expert, but handles do bother.
    So try this:

Do it Right: Sit on the floor with knees bent. Sit up tall with the spine straight and extend the arms out in front of you. Contract the abs and sweep right arm down and behind you in a half-circle motion, leaning the torso back a few inches while still keeping the back from rounding or collapsing. Sit back up and repeat on other side for 8 to 10 reps on each side.
    xdririotx Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2008, 07:20 AM
    Aaahh love handles! The name that baffles the heck out of me.. . I've no idea who named them that, because they've got to be the section on the woman's body that recive the least amout of affection. :-p OK, so I've recently lost 12 pounds this past two months. The targets of my weight loss were these.. . love handles we speak of. Now I don't know your body shape or anything, but I have a n "hour glass" shape, so its hard for me to tell what love handles are. Anyway! I found the most effective method was lots of walking and arobics. Just find yourself a good arobics work out. Get your cardio up! It burns belly fat, and that's what love handles are: STUBBORN BELLY FAT! :( try walking a mile three times a day too if you have the time. It helps maintain weight loss, and changing your diet is also very important! Sugars and starches will only lead to your demise!
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Apr 12, 2008, 04:13 PM
    I've found in the gym that there is a machine where you sit and swivel from side to side. You can add weight resistance to intensify the workout. This exercise has really helped me. I don't know exactly what the name of the machine is though.
    Becca1025 Posts: 422, Reputation: 45

Apr 15, 2008, 07:38 PM
    Pilates, works the entire body.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2008, 01:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca1025
    Pilates, works the entire body.
    And great for your back and abs. tho' it isn't cardio thatll burn a lot of fat (which often is needed to really get rid of fat in problem areas) it can do amazing things at the waistline... it'll can crank in your abs, strengthen and define your back, especially the lower back where its hard to lose fat.

Used in combo with some cardio, pilates is an impressive method for strengthening, toning, and defining your core.

I'm not on a daily schedule with pilates, as I do other work I like better (I get impatient with slower workouts), but 1-2 times a week I'm running through the beginner dvd and I always feel it later. Still can't do the intermediate level.

Absolutely impressed with what its done for my core in terms of strength, and some definition.
    sadface Posts: 154, Reputation: 2

May 1, 2008, 03:02 AM
    I have love handles which I detest - I want a flat tummy! Im not big but someone told me its no point just doing sit ups to lose weight round the tummy area as all you will do is tighten your muscle which will make it even harder to get rid of excess fat round the tummy area!
    What's the trick.. what's the excerise to do just to lose tummy fat?
    Uber Member

May 1, 2008, 06:04 AM
    Strenthening your core does not make it harder to lose fat! What a lie! Someone with no clue started that lie.

This misconception doesn't change my answer one bit... though overall, if you need to lose excess weight, you need cardio to bump your metabolism.

Muscle strengthening doesn't "lock in" fat, period. I've had to crank things in twice when my metabolism slowed and a added a little weight, as has my wife. 8-10 weeks of a strong cardio and core muscle workout makes a difference. Period.

That stubborn lower back fat? Amazing what a pilates dvd can do over the period of 8-10 weeks. Just takes discipline and work.

Situps alone won't do the trick... a combo of ab, back, rear, chest work is needed, along with good cardio.

May 1, 2008, 06:28 AM
    So if I start doing sit ups only I will lose weight round my tummy area?
    Uber Member

May 1, 2008, 07:21 AM
    Please reread my last post, specifically the last sentence.

May 3, 2008, 04:10 AM
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower Diverter - Hot/cold handles hard to turn [ 4 Answers ]

My shower has the standard 3 (not sure of brand) valve set up. All of the valve handles are very hard to turn and I am wondering is there a way of loosening any part of the stems to reduce the tension? I am not sure but I think a long time ago I read that when the stems are installed in a closed...

Love Handles [ 3 Answers ]

How do you get rid of love handles? I hate mine! Thanks! :)

Shower was leaking from handles/I replaced and now it won't work [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased a replacement kit for a shower with leaking handles. I made sure to buy the same bonnets and seats. I changed everything out. Now it does not work at all. No water comes out of the shower head. The diverter does not leak at all but the water comes out of the shower handles only. I...

I need help on improving my handles and shot [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best way to improve my handles and shot? My coach has me playing a 4 because I do not have handles! I am extremely fast and I am good at driving the lane. I would make a good 2 or 3, please give me your ideas. 1- What position do you play? I play a 2 or 3, my coach has me at 4 2-...

Stuck handles on compression faucet [ 4 Answers ]

I am attempting to change the seat washer on a compression faucet, however the faucets (circa 1955) appear to be stuck and can't be removed for access to the stem. Is there a plumbing tool, product or process to help remove the handle from the stem?

View more questions Search