Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    godsbabygirl267 Posts: 175, Reputation: 11

Jan 26, 2008, 07:58 PM
    Should I ask him to go with me?
    Hey everyone,
    I was just wondering about 8th grade formal. I really want to go this year but the guy I want to ask me is either afraid I will reject him or maybe he doesn't like me at all. I think he may because he is all the time dropping these little hints and taking up for me and just being my friend. I don't know if I should ask him to go with me or if that would be really strange. I mean after all I do sit by him in Science. I would just wait for him to ask but by the time he does, I may have a date or maybe he'll be going with someone else. What should I do?:confused:
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2008, 08:06 PM
    I say go for it! Ask him! What's the worst that can happen? He says no, there might be a couple awkward day in science, and in a week you've both moved on? I've stopped believing in waiting for the guy to ask, I'm not patient enough to wait. Lol some guys are really into a girl that has the courage and self-confidence to do the asking anyway
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 08:08 PM
    I would ask him.

Be sure to let us know what he says.

Jan 26, 2008, 08:10 PM
    I think I will. You guys are great. Im easily influenced at least if its swaying me further to my decision. Ill talk to him on Monday. Thanks for the support,
    ~Nikki~
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 08:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by godsbabygirl267
    Ill talk to him on Monday.
    Oh, goody goody! I wish I could be a fly on the wall. I missed out on a lot of fun because I didn't ask guys out. Bet he says yes!!

Jan 26, 2008, 09:02 PM
    Hey to ask another quick question. Is it odd that I have dreams about this kid. I don't mean one oh lets say a week or day, I mean continual dreams about him all the time. At least while I sleep that is. I had this really odd one last night and I was making out with hime which is very scary because I've never even kissed a guy. Im not quite the type who goes out with every guy in the school just to have a boyfriend. But I just wanted to know if that was considered a strange thing to do. Dream about him that is.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 09:09 PM
    Obviously he is on your mind, or at least in your unconscious, enough to still be hanging around when you go into REM sleep and start dreaming.

No, it's not odd. Last night I had a vivid dream about a coworker who is (in my dream) working undercover for the FBI to flush out an employee who is committing a federal crime. I had just talked with the coworker the day before, and our conversation probably prompted my dream. I can't wait to go to sleep tonight to hopefully find out what happens!
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2008, 09:13 PM
    Haha you want to hear odd dreams? I once dreamt that my cousins had been turned into fudgsicles and I had to rescue them. I don't think there'a anything odd about dreaming about someone you like
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 09:55 PM
    1) Of course ask him, and when you do make it a special request but don't over-embellish.

Also, in the same conversation, make sure you talk about something else afterwards. Even if he later says no, thank him, and talk about that other thing right away again. Having something else you're already talking about will help keep things smooth between you.

2) Dreams - don't sweat them at all, and don't read anything into them either. Dreams are the subconscious representation of the information your mind is "filing away" at the end of a full day. If you spend any time thinking about him during the day, he'll show up in your dreams that night during the mental reboot. Simple enough. Enjoy them.

Jan 27, 2008, 12:19 PM
    Wow ! What great advice you guys. THanks so much for taking the time to answer my questions. See I can't talk to my mom too much about this stuff or else she goes into a rampage of how guys are always terrible. I don't listen too much to that advice though. I think you are great for giving your opinions. And, I'll tell you what he says on Monday after school or maybe Tuesday because I have to skip part of school to get my pass port. Any how. Thanks so much.
    Xoxox
    With luv-
    -----Nikki
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2008, 12:52 PM
    No harm in asking him!
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2008, 10:22 PM
    Did you ask yet? :)

Jan 30, 2008, 05:46 AM
    No on Monday I got cold feet
    Yesterday I left school before getting a chance and today school is opening 2 hours late
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2008, 08:58 AM
    Always remember, Nikki... "Nothing ventured, nothing gained!"

I hope you do go for it! :D

Feb 5, 2008, 01:43 PM
    If you guys are wondering, he said no
    R0cKin_t33N Posts: 78, Reputation: 0

Feb 5, 2008, 03:31 PM
    There's only one thing to do in this situation... take charge... ask him out and expect the G00D and/or the BAD... GuD LucK
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Feb 5, 2008, 04:48 PM
    There are several kinds of "no". Not interested, already have a date, not available that night, don't like to dance, maybe even secretly his parents won't let him date/take a date yet. Who knows?

Be sure to talk him to him again asap about other things, keep the doors fully open. No need to be negative about it, other than normal disappointment. And you should still go, he may show up anyway dateless and you can still talk/dance there.
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2008, 05:53 PM
    Jbeaucaire is right, go anyway and have fun. You're still young, there will be plenty of other chances to bring a date :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search