Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    briannalee1978 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 03:34 PM
    On a new car, how do you find out what the property tax is?
    I bought a new car in August, I have a sales tax and I have a taxes (Is this property taxes), tags and title fee. Is any of this deductable and ho do I find out how much is for which parts?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2008, 03:38 PM
    The sales tax is not deductable but if you pay a personal property tax, it is.
    They should be separated on the statement from your county accessor.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 27, 2008, 09:15 PM
    Yes, both the property tax and sales tax MAY be deductible, but only if you ITEMIZE, which most people do NOT.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car broken in to on auto shops property. What should we do? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband recently took his car to a auto shop. The second night it was there it got broken into passenger side window was smashed and his radio got ripped out. The next morning the mechanic seen the window and covered it with plastic and tape just in case it rained. But on thing he forgot or...

Our property markings I can't find [ 4 Answers ]

We bought our house and we can't find the marker except one ,the guy across road keeps yelling because he says we are destroying consevation land and we bought the land and we need to find the markers to prove it can anybody help? :(

Income tax treatment of sales tax on improvement to rental property [ 3 Answers ]

For income tax purposes, major improvements to my rental property must be depreciated over a period of years. Can I take the sales tax on those improvements as a deduction in the year of the improvement, or must the sales tax amount be included in the depreciation schedule? Thank-you, ...

Car accident on private property [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I was involved in a car accident. It was 9 PM, dark. I was backing of my driveway and hit a car that was parked on the street in my subdivision. The police came and determine that is my fault. The officer suggested that we can just exchange insurance information and there is no need of...

View more questions Search