Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mojoaskme49 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2008, 02:24 PM
    Slab leak
    Hello I am bill.
    I would like to know a good method for locating water leak under my concret slab. Water is pouring out of one hole outside of the washer and dryer area. The sound appears to comining from the cold water side of the washer. It seem to change when I apply a slight preasure to it. COULD THE LEAK BE IN THE AREA ? If not, do you have any ideaers on loacating this monster. I live in a 3ed/2ba family single story with about 1800 sg ft

Thanks Bill
    cgregory67 Posts: 92, Reputation: 7

Jan 25, 2008, 10:34 PM
    Is this a constant leak? If so you have a broken pipe.

Is this when washer is running? You have a broken drain.

Is it when raining or after storm? Drainage problem.

If none of the above, applya tap and start selling you bottled spring water :)
    Prodiclson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 01:36 PM
    Call a local plumber... he/she will have the equipment to pin point the location. You may want to call your home owners insurance company to see how they handle these claims, as you are going to probably want to claim this
    Cappietrips Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 09:59 PM

Ask local plumbers if they do the work or if they contract it out. Many contract out to independent leak detection firms out there. United Leak Detection will find and repair, and they will also bill insurance for you (if it is covered) if not, they are reasonably priced :)
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 17, 2010, 06:58 AM

Capp,
    This is the third time you've responded to a old dead thread.
    You're responding to a rwo year old thread. Look in the upper left hand corner beforee you post. Regads, Tom
    Cappietrips Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2010, 06:18 PM
    Sorry, I guess I had not noticed. Thanks for the heads up each time. Appreciate it! :)
    Www.unitedleak.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Under slab leak [ 2 Answers ]

I have looked at several entries on slab leaks. But a couple of questions remain. What does a leak detection firm charge - ball park only of course? I see that a listening device is used to locate the leak, can I replicate this myself? After they have found the leak - I will have to get through...

Slab leak? [ 6 Answers ]

Pressure at kitchen sink is very low. The bathroom sink, some distance in another part of the house is also very low. Hot water is fine, no prob. Cold water pressure at hose bib outside is fine. Inspected all visible pipe. No leaks found. Meter runs about .5 to 1 gal. per min when all valves...

Leak under carpeted slab by bathroom door - does slab have to be ripped up? [ 2 Answers ]

Could the leak be caused from something else? There is no water on bathroom floor, but could it be the toilet seal? Or a clogged vent backing up water or sewer? Help, we don't have much money and need answers fast.

View more questions Search