Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jstwondering77 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 07:38 AM
    Court adjournment
    I was supposed to go to court this morning and the DA asked for an adjournment. I know what it means I was just wondering why they would ask for it, and how long can they keep asking for adjournments before they have to present to the Grand Jury? Can this go on indefinitely it is about a felony case. What is the general procedure?

Thank you
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2008, 10:49 AM
    This could mean that something new in the case has come up or that one of the DA's has a conflict and must be in a different courtroom and cannot make it to your proceeding. Happens all the time. It cannot go on forever. Figure anywhere from a few days to a week tops.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2008, 01:36 PM
    [QUOTE=jstwondering77]I was supposed to go to court this morning and the DA asked for an adjournment. I know what it means I was just wondering why they would ask for it, and how long can they keep asking for adjournments before they have to present to the Grand Jury? Can this go on indefinitely it is about a felony case. What is the general procedure?

What State?
    onyx410 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2008, 08:55 PM
    It could be something or nothing, I had many of those in my case. The grand jury has nothing to do with u going to court. You can be arrested and charged with probable cause a crime was committed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Received court summons in my door and have 2 weeks to court date [ 9 Answers ]

I received a summons on my door for a $5,000 debt to american express. Lawyer office is about 1 1/2 from my home... I am willing to pay the debt, do I have to show up for court? I am going to be out of town and won't be around on the court date... can I call the attorney's office and settle the...

Court adjournment [ 7 Answers ]

After a trial or hearing, does the judge have to dismiss and adjourn the court? What is the proper procedure when the court have finished with the business at hand? What are the results if the judge fails to dismiss and adjourn the court? Will the Court consider the case still open? ...

Debt Court Summons -- If I pay in full, can I avoid court? [ 5 Answers ]

I realize a lot of people post questions regarding debt summons and I've scrolled through the boards but I haven't found a clear answer to a few of my queries. Here's what happened: I was today presented (they slid it under my door) with a summons to appear in court. I'm being sued by Capital One...

Court ordered Mediation vs Court Trial [ 4 Answers ]

Hello again, I'm going into a mediation next month concerning a past credit card debt that I am being sued for. I plan on using the SOL defense as the date of last activity falls past the statute date. Anyhow, I was wondering what the difference between a Court ordered mediation and a normal...

Superior Court and Supreme Court [ 4 Answers ]

Is a "Superior court" the same thing as the "Supreme Court"?

View more questions Search