Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SHOVWHITE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 12:21 PM
    Collecetion agency included in bankruptcy still reporting
    I filed bankruptcy in 2005 discharged 01-2006. I have this collection agency who was included in my bankruptcy updates my credit report every month. It was only reporting on equifax and transunion. I pulled my Experian report today and it is now showing up on their. Can they report this account after bankruptcy. I have been disputing this account with no success. It only gets worse with every dispute:mad:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 23, 2008, 12:45 PM
    The debt can be listed but would have to show that it was included in bankruptcy.

Also I would assume that you mean the original debtor was included in the bankruptcy ( not the collection agency unless they own the debt)

If they are listing it as anything other than included in bankrutpcy, then you need to dispute this with the credit reporting agency, providing them a copy of the discharge papers.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2008, 01:46 PM
    I believe the automatic stay becomes 'permanent' at the discharge and prevents creditors from attempting to collect from you. Just my opinion, but I don't think reporting a discharged debt to a credit reporting agency is an attempt to collect; I could be wrong!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Property included in bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

I am behind on my rental property payments, can I include them in a bankruptcy? They are the reason I am bankrupt. Would this save my paid of residence from being taken and sold by the lenders.

Credit Reporting Agency/fradulent business practice [ 1 Answers ]

Can a suit be filed against a credit reporting agency, such as experian? Credit Bureau was notified in writing with supporting documents regarding a rental contract and fees, response was "checked" only. Contract was for my daughter, I did not co-sign, copy of original sent to bureau. Also, at...

Credit reporting after bankruptcy [ 4 Answers ]

A few years ago in 2003 my now husband filed chapter 7 and had some debt discharged. (This was before I knew him) The problem is that those debts are still being reported on his credit report. Can they do that? If not, what can we do about it? The situation has his credit in a place where it is...

View more questions Search