Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Snugglebunnyac Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 10:52 AM
    Will My Boyfriend Go To Jail For His Probation Violation
    Hey everyone,

My boyfriend plead guilty to a 5th degree felony for possession of cocaine (back in 2005) He is currently on his last year of a 2 year probation period (intervention in lieu of conviction) and we believe he will test positive on a recent drug screen for marijuana.

What will happen when he goes to probation next month if his drug screen had tested positive for marijuana. Do they immediately detain him until things are figured out, or is there a chance they will let him go.

He is now clean and does not plan on failing another drug screen ever... is it too little too late though?

Thanks!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2008, 10:57 AM
    Hello s:

It depends. If his PO is a jerk, it'll be bad. If not, then he'll get warned.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 23, 2008, 01:37 PM
    excon is right, it is hard to say, if your PO is a hard case, they will try and revolk mabye, some PO will give them a second chance it is hard to say.
    Snugglebunnyac Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 01:45 PM
    His P.O. was a jerk at first, but he has been on probation since Oct of 2006 (1 year 3 months) and the guy really warmed up to him. He told him the only reason he drug tested everyone was because people were messing up because of the new year. My boyfriend has had a full time job the entire time, got his ged (which was a stipulation of his probation), and has passed his other tests until now. He is clean now and can take a test again if asked on the spot.
    Expert

Jan 23, 2008, 02:06 PM
    But sadly he was not clean, which means that he was using again. So if the PO is waning to make an example, and doing the tests just to catch them, it is possible he will take them the hard road.
    fde Posts: 93, Reputation: -4

Jan 23, 2008, 02:21 PM
    Good luck. I hope for his sake that his po is in a good mood. Just tell him to be as nice as he can when speaking to him. Not much more you can do! Unless your loaded. Ha Ha
    Expert

Jan 23, 2008, 02:33 PM
    Yes, FDE is 100 percent correct. It often can make the difference between your PO having a fight with his wife that night or suffering from a hang over. Or some driver cutting him off that morning.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2008, 07:08 PM
    If he tested last month and he was dirty and goes back this month for reporting, don't expect him to come back home that night. The PO has a supervisor and the supervisor is not going to let your boyfriend skate if he sees the results first. Getting up on the wrong side of the bed has nothing to do with the matter of testing dirty. Sorry.
    emmyboo Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2008, 06:33 AM
    My boyfriend had a p.s.I. drug test and he failed it. They took him right away from our house to the jail where he waited almost two weeks until he got sentenced. Honey, I'm sorry to say but I think he's s.o.l.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much jail time for probation violation? [ 41 Answers ]

What is the maximum jail time someone could serve for violating (leaving state) a felony probation in Ohio?

Probation or jail [ 1 Answers ]

I am on probation for theft under 500.00 and while on probation I have got another charge for the same thing theft under 500.00... what may happen to me will I get jail time or probation again?I also went to court for my charge and the judge said that she was going to look over my probation and...

What are my chances of going to jail for a dirty ua I am on probation [ 2 Answers ]

I am on probation and gave a diry ua my probation officer says she will recommend rehab what are my chances of going to jail if I am revoked

Will probation violation land me in jail [ 2 Answers ]

I got introuble 6 months ago and got 6months probation ,30 days in jail all but 5 days suspended and lost my license.So I can't drive and live 40 miles from my probation officer. Today she ordered me to come and take a drug test, I can't find a ride there and she says she's giving me a probation...

My boyfriend violation of probation [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: hello every one please anyone that knows about this mater please reply to me!my boyfriend was given probation with a 5 year cap,he was given additional programs to participate on while on probation like a long term out patient also he was ordered to get a job.which he did,due to the...

View more questions Search