Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessica_sheen Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2008, 09:23 PM
    Hissing Angle Stop
    We just had the angle stops for all of our toilets as well as the flushing mechanisms replaced just over 2 months ago. Now the angle stop in our master bathroom is hissing when the tank is filling back up with water. Any ideas on how to fix it?

If I turn down the wate pressure, it does stop a little.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2008, 11:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jessica_sheen
    We just had the angle stops for all of our toilets as well as the flushing mechanisms replaced just over 2 months ago. Now the angle stop in our master bathroom is hissing when the tank is filling back up with water. Any ideas on how to fix it?

If I turn down the wate pressure, it does stop a little.
    :confused:
    Jessica_ Sheen, - Check all the nuts on the angle stop including the big nut behind the knob of the angle stop, It sounds like you have a air leak when water is being drawed through service line. Make sure that the hissing you are hearing is comeing from the angle stop, it may be comeing from inside the tank, if os it will probley be the filler valve sucking in air,or could be spewing fine water mist from tiny crack in filler valve. Hope this helps out, If it don't call the instaler back out,usely no charge. Hope I have helped, if I have ,rate my answer below::::: GOOD DAY & GOD BLESS :::: F.B.E.:) :) :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Angle stop leaking [ 3 Answers ]

I recently installed new "fill valve & flapper" to my toilet. Basically all of the insides of the toilet. It was leaking at the bottom of the toilet so I added a washer wich fixed that leak, but now it leaks at the angle stop. I bought some teflon tape to use to try to use at the connection of...

Installing angle-stop [ 3 Answers ]

I need to replace my angle-stops for my kitchen sink. Never done it before. It seems easy, but I want to make sure before I do it, that I'm doing it correctly. Appreciate it, in advance.

Angle stop valve [ 3 Answers ]

Do you have any idea on how to install a stop valve under a bathroom sink? Thanks R. Koehn

Angle stop valve leaking [ 13 Answers ]

My cold water supply line going to my faucet burst so luckily I was there before it got bad and also the valve still works. After replacing the hose I noticed the hot water valve was corroded and was seeping water. So I thought it would be a great idea to replace all the valves and hoses in both...

Angle stop [ 3 Answers ]

What is a standard 1/2" compression angle stop? I am installing a sink faucet supply line

View more questions Search