Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tommy gunn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2008, 06:24 PM
    2 Speed motor wall switch
    I have a simple range hood fan in a wall for ventilation. Rather then using a typical toggle switch I need a 2 speed switch that takes the place of a single pole regular switch. Know where I can get one?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2008, 06:39 PM
    My local hardware store has them. Radio Shack used to I don't know if they still do. What you want is an SPDT toggle switch with an off position.

A 2 speed ceiling fan pullchain will also work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Single or two speed condenser fan motor? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 3 ton air conditioner. Recently the condenser fan motor quit, it was a two speed motor. The local HVAC company replaced the motor with a single speed unit. They insist that the two speed motor is not necessary, no one uses them any more, and that the single speed motor in more than...

Hampton bay fan came with wall remote but Fan is not operated from a wall switch. [ 1 Answers ]

I received a New Hampton Bay fan to replace an existing fan. The existing fan is operated by two pull chains. The new fan came with a wall control device. The problem is that the fan is not operated from the wall switch and there are no pull chains. Can I use a Hampton Bay remote with the...

Converting pull switch lights to wall switch [ 3 Answers ]

I've been struggling finding the answer to this in books and online, it seems as if it should be an easy question and something that gets done all the time. Looking for some help. My basement has several rooms and all lights are wired "hot" with pull switches from each light receptacle. When the...

Wall Speed control on old ceiling fan install new with pull switch [ 3 Answers ]

I have an old celing fan purchased in the 80's with a wall mount speed control knob. I purchased a Hampton Bay, Huntinton III 522-306 3 speed control with a pull chain. When installing the unit the fan does not work. I have a white wire, a black wire, a blue wire for the light and a ground...

High Speed Blower motor [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Pulse 21 gas single zone forced air furnace. The blower motor is supposed to have 3 speeds. Right now everything works but when I turn on my AC the blower uses the same speed that it does for heat. Could there be something wrong or do I just need to rewire something?

View more questions Search