Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovinglemons Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 06:44 AM
    Proactiv Skin Care Products
    Hi has anyone used this products, and does it actually help in achieving greater results? Because I've seen the infomercials but a lot of them have 7 years supposedly using Proactiv. I'm a little hesitant in buying them. How does it work, do the y charge u every month for a refill or what? Thank You and sorry for the bundke of questions!.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2008, 06:47 AM
    A lot of my friends currently use proactiv, and have been for some time now. They swear by it.

I have heard that once you get off proactiv, however, your skin takes a nose dive. I haven't seen this happen, of course, but that's just what I've heard.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 17, 2008, 07:13 AM
    My daughter used it, she's 14. We liked it but they automatically send new products a month and the price skyrocketed from $20 (for the starter pack) to $40, without notice. It was virtually impossible to cancel the proactive as they continued to charge our card without sending the product.

My daughter now uses Clean & Clear Advantage and it actually seems to work better, at least on her.
    litelegs Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2008, 06:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lovinglemons
    Hi has anyone used this products, and does it actually help in achieving greater results? Because I've seen the infomercials but a lot of them have 7 years supposedly using Proactiv. I'm a little hesitant in buying them. How does it work, do the y charge u every month for a refill or what? Thank You and sorry for the bundke of questions!...
    If you have eczema or psoriasis do not use this product. It will aggravate your condition and strip your skin further. I tried it twice and met with the same results. I have eczema and I ended up with a red mask the exfoliator ripped my skin and I was gentle. Two thumbs down for me.
    shoegal Posts: 263, Reputation: 18

Jan 18, 2008, 05:52 PM
    I have been using proactiv for about a year, and yes, it is expensive, but I only use it at night, so I get it sent to me every 2 months instead of every month, so it's actually not too bad.
    It has done wonders for my skin, it's softer and smoother, and less pimply!
    Nemo1600 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2008, 11:19 AM
    I use proactiv and I like it. I originally used the regular formula but that was too harsh on my skin so now I use the gentle formula. It does the same thing but without the harshness of the alcohol. Some people like it and some don't it just depends on your skin.
    laces Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2008, 07:04 PM
    I don't have eczema or psoriasis but I tried Proactiv and it was way way too harsh for my skin. I never had sensitivity problems or anything like that before. The Proactiv dried out my skin so much that it BURNED like hell. I know a few people that this happened to as well. And then I know the people that swear by the stuff. I'm no expert, but I'm under the impression that you have to have at least moderate acne for Proactiv to work. If I were you, I would just try it. See what happens.
    stylistjennifer Posts: 74, Reputation: 2

Jan 19, 2008, 09:26 PM
    I have used proactiv for 4 years now. I love it. I go get it at the mall whenever I run out and it lasts for about 5 months for me.
    My skin dryed out really bad when I first used it and I asked them about it and they advised me to use the Oil Free Moisture lotion with the 3 step kit.
    Its great. Try it.

Jan 27, 2008, 09:40 PM
    Thanks everyone! I'm going to give it a try and I'll let u know... great feedback :)
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2008, 10:31 PM
    I personally didn't like proactive. It didn't work for me. I like Acne Free. My aunt buys it for me so I don't know how much it costs but you can buy it all over, longs, walgreens, costco.

Jan 27, 2008, 10:45 PM
    Thks now I have 2 options if I need to change products... take care

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skin products whitening [ 2 Answers ]

Hi what product of lotion I used for whitening cause I have a lot of scars... how do ill remove and its not expensive... give me tip

Skin lightening products [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir/Madam, Does it right that the skin lightening pills really makes your skin more lighter? Does the Gluthatione whitening pill with its ingredients (alpha lipoic acid, grapeseed, etc... ) make your skin light if taking it regularly or does it have a side effect in health or body? My...

Proactiv products? [ 2 Answers ]

All this talk about proactiv facial producs well does it really work to clean and clear the skin and hydrate it? Ally

New GP Contract and primary care products [ 1 Answers ]

How does the new GP contract affect the promtion of a Pharmaceutical companies primary care products?

View more questions Search