Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    margog85 Posts: 241, Reputation: 19

Jan 16, 2008, 01:19 PM
    Speeding through the house
    While playing with my dog, he sometimes seems to go into total overdrive, speeds up faster than I've ever seen a little dog run, and goes shooting through the house- I'll be playing fetch with him, and every so often, rather than running after the toy I've thrown, he'll just go running like mad... from the living room to the dining room to the kitchen, then circles back around... he doesn't stop unless I can grab onto him and catch his attention- it's like he's totally in his own zone.

At first I just laughed when he did it, thinking he was just a crazy little dog... or that maybe he didn't get enough exercise and was just getting out some pent up energy (our yard won't be able to be fenced in till summer, so the only outdoor time he has right now is on-leash).

But a few weeks ago, he had a few seizures... just over the course of two days, and has seemed perfectly normal since then... the vet attributed it to low blood sugar due to stress and only being fed 2x/day as opposed to 3 or 4 times...

Now I'm thinking, though, and a lot of things I've read said that before a seizure, dogs will go running around like crazy... and I wonder if this could possibly be related? He's never had a seizure after doing this, but could it be a sign of a potential problem, or one coming on? Like I said, if I can stop him physically, he will stop and seem fine, just panting for breath...

But I figured I'd ask and see if anyone thought it was something to be concerned about.
    Moose1123 Posts: 33, Reputation: 4

Jan 16, 2008, 02:50 PM
    I have a big clumbsy 90 lbs Golden Retriever. He will tear through the house, up and down the stairs at random intervals. His size sometimes makes it hard to navigate sharp corners at high speed. I always suspected he has ADHD. :)
    happy711 Posts: 215, Reputation: 4

Jan 17, 2008, 02:41 PM
    I had the same problem as you. My dog always sprints in circles in the backyard or house for about 10 minutes. He always had seizures. The vet gave us medicine that we drop into his water every day. I'm not sure what it is called but your vet can give your dog something too. He continues to run in circles sometimes but the seizures have not happened as much as they used to. My dog just runs for fun and it never happened before or after he had a seizure.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to get out of a speeding ticket [ 1 Answers ]

If you've ever wondered how to get out of a speeding ticket. Just repeat what is below. After the police officer pulls you over for speeding, he should ask... Officer: May I see your license and registration? You: I don't have a license. I had it suspended when I got my 5th DUI.

Speeding neighbors [ 3 Answers ]

I live in the country, my neighbors and I share a driveway we are the only 2 houses on this drive. One of my dogs have already been ran over and killed by them. One of the sons of my neighbor continues to speed by the house and tonight he actually drove off the drive into the grass to try and hit...

Speeding ticket [ 16 Answers ]

I was stopped for speeding in Bonners Ferry Idaho. My question is I asked to see my speed on the officers radar and he said "the only way you will come back to my car is in handcuffs so no I do not need to show you the actual speed" I then asked him again and he said that he does not have to show...

Speeding ticket [ 4 Answers ]

I got my first speeding ticket today. I'm not sure if it means anything, but the officer misspelled my name. I was woundering if there is any law that states I can get out of paying since my name is spelled wrong.

2 speeding tickets... need advice! [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so now I have accomplished the dumbest mistake in my life time. I obviously did not learn from my first speeding ticket last week because last night I got another one. I have no clue how to go about getting my points reduced. Can anyone tell me if I should just plead not-guilty and talk to the...

View more questions Search