Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wkkeller Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2008, 10:32 AM
    Weight gained from steroids
    I've been given about 5 rounds of steroid pills and shots. Also, Prednisone. I've gained 30 pounds and now have to find a way to lose it. Any suggestions?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 16, 2008, 10:38 AM
    Sounds like you gained muscle mass which is added weight. Why all the steroid pills and shots and prednisone ?
    wkkeller Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Steroids and Prednisone given because of the hoarse voice that I talked about in the medical section.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2008, 11:05 AM
    Healthy, restricted diet and exercise is the way to go

Had you any problems before with weight swings? If not, ill bet you won't have a lot of problems getting back to your typical weight... your body doesn't want to have a lot of extra mass. It takes more work to maintain. Its why you need to keep lifting and training to bulk up.

If you've had problems with your weight in the past, or have seemed to be gaining weight in the last few years, you might have to jump start the weight loss. Again, its not complicated... its appropriate diet and moving your body.
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2008, 11:08 AM
    Also, are you done with the prednisone? It has a history of "making" people gain weight through increased appetite. Your doctor should have warned you about this.

Not to mention if you've been frustrated or upset your eating patterns might have changed for the worse?

Perhaps simple portion control can help you get back to your natural weight?
    Uber Member

Jan 16, 2008, 11:20 AM
    Also... not to keep stretching this thread out...

Given all that's going on make sure your doctor ok's you for exercise if you go that route.

If you've been moody from the drug a little exercise might help, but obviously you are dealing with the throat thing too. If you've not been excercising, might be good to pass that past the doc.

By the way, read about your throat problem... my daughter had a terrible time with a sinus infection that kept her coughing all the time. Her torso ached from the contractions and her voice started to go... not good for someone in the theater... it took nearly 6 mo to get a diagnosis... not all symptoms are easy to diagnose. And it can be maddening.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gained some weight [ 3 Answers ]

is it unusual to gain 5 pounds in a year? ( I'm 15 if that makes a difference )

I've gained some weight and I think I'm going to lose my husband [ 11 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married 6months. We have lived together for 2 years before our marriage. Needless to say we've been together a little while. When I met my husband I was 18 and 110 pounds and my husband told me every day how lucky he was to have a girl as beautiful as me. He would...

Why have I gained? [ 21 Answers ]

Okay, this makes ABSOLUTELY NO sense!! So I'm a size 2 and I'm 5 foot 6. I went on the scale and saw I weighed 140 and almost puked, so I decided it's time to work out. I usually don't gain weight but I hadn't exercised in like 3 months, so I started running 1.5 miles a day, and got sick of...

Got dumped.gained weight! [ 1 Answers ]

Well my boyfirend and I broke up... I used food for comfort especially chocolate and maccas... I have such a busy schedule that while eating all this food I didn't find time to work it off... so now I've put on 5kg... I just don't have time to work it off now I'm scared that I will continue to...

I have lost weight but gained half of it back [ 5 Answers ]

I lost weight 70 pounds but it was because I was really stressed out at the time and really I don't know how it came off, but I was happy that it did. I tried to keep the weight off by eating better and getting a little more exercises than I normally would but Ive gained almost half of it back and...

View more questions Search