Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crash08 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2008, 09:04 PM
    Company X accrual prepaid and payable problem
    Hey guys, I'm new here and would really appreciate it if someone helps me out

Company X employs several consulting companies. Some of the companies require pmt in advance whiel others bill company x after service is rendered.

Company X also leases office space to several law firms. Some firms are required to pay rent in advance whiel others are allowed to use their office before paying rent.

Company X uses accrual basis accounting.
    Amount of cash paid to consulting companies during 2000 was $64,000
    Amount of rent revenue earned from leasing office space was $78,000

Following info is given:

Dec. 31,1999 Dec. 31,2000
    Prepaid consulting fees $2000 $5000
    Accured consulting fees payable $7000 $2000
    rent receivable $6000 $8000
    unearned rent revenue $10,000 $4000

A) Compute the amount of consulting expense for 2000
    B)Compute the amount of cash received from leasing office space during 2000

Can someone please help get started with this problem? I've never been asked problems
    in this fashion till this semester. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    crash08 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2008, 10:34 AM
    Here's my thoughts for part A

Paid $64,000 in consulting fees during 2000
    However they had $2000 in prepaids ending 1999 and carried over to 2000. So they used 2000 in prepaids

They also paid/reduced their paypable account from 7000 to 2000; difference of 5000

(2000)
    -------
    $67,000 in expense.

I'm not really sure if that makes sense or not. Hopefully you guys will chime in and help me out. Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Company Introduction Letter (B2B) for a HR services outsourcing company [ 10 Answers ]

How can I make a good company Introduction letter (B2B), for a HR outsourcing company? Please help me out with any free samples.

Accounts receivable- uncollectible accounts [ 6 Answers ]

How can a business protect against uncollectible accounts? Which protection measures do you think are worth the expense?:confused:

What is the difference between accounts payable and accounts receivable? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between accounts payable and accounts receivable?

Company introduction letter for audio/home theatre solution company [ 1 Answers ]

I want to introduce myself/company to one of the top interior designer. I am an individual dealing in audio / home theatre solutions. I want to an introduction letter for my company.

View more questions Search