Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LOBELIA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2008, 07:44 AM
    Christmas cake
    I made a christmas cake November 2006 and still have it
    It was stored in greaseproof paper /foil and plastic container /not refrigerated
    Am I right in thinking if I re-iced it it can be eaten?
    In days gone by the first tier of a wedding cake was saved and used for the first born christening cake
    oneguyinohio Posts: 1,302, Reputation: 196
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2008, 07:53 AM
    Refrigerated? I know people who freeze the top of wedding cakes for 1 year anniversary...
    taurinegb Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2008, 01:44 PM
    It depends on what the Christmas cake is made of? Traditional English Christmas cakes, like fruit cakes with some kind of alcohol in them last a long time if stored correctly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Christmas cake recipes and tips [ 9 Answers ]

How do I stop christmas cake from rising in the centre and cracking?

The top of the cake [ 4 Answers ]

Im learning how to cook cakes and so far they come out really good. I think it is time for me to go to the next level. I can't do that unless I first learn how to make the top of the cake flat. It seems like I am flatting it and flatting it but once it come out from the oven its no longer flat....

Your Top Christmas Carols & Christmas Songs [ 38 Answers ]

Ok it's that time of year when the holidays are around :) and I was just thinking what are people's top Carols or Chritmas songs that they like? Christmas songs for me would be The Pogues, Fairytale of New York ;) and my Christmas Carol would have to be Joy To The World :) ! Please feel...

Cake [ 4 Answers ]

How do you make homemade cake not from a box?

Friendship Cake [ 6 Answers ]

I have recipe for Friendship Cake but I don't have any starter anymore, Does anyone know how to make it? This is a great cake to give on the holidays. I sure would be thankful! Carol:D

View more questions Search