Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Palmfrond Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2008, 03:40 AM
    Cleaning high up windows
    Hi,

I have recently moved into a house which has a big picture window over the pool. All very nice, BUT, how do I clean it without getting chemicals in the pool?

I have purchased an extendable sponge/squeegee but it doesn't really work.

Any ideas, short of changing the windows to sliding!

peter030205 Posts: 56, Reputation: 5

Jan 14, 2008, 02:03 PM
    Is there ground beneath the window? Or does the pool go directly below it? If there is ground you can use an extension ladder, then use warm water with some dish soap and you can clean it (works on my windows) just not too much soap. With water and soap you won't have to worry about dripping in the pool.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 14, 2008, 03:40 PM
    There are a few products on the market made for your situation. You attach a bottle to the end of the garden hose and spray the solution on the glass from the ground. As this stuff dries it has a sheeting action to help avoid streaks. Not as good as washing with a wool applicator but it works.

Jan 14, 2008, 10:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by peter030205
    Is there ground beneath the window? Or does the pool go directly below it? If there is ground you can use an extension ladder, then use warm water with some dish soap and you can clean it (works on my windows) just not too much soap. With water and soap you won't have to worry about dripping in the pool.

Alas, there is no ledge below so we can't use an extension ladder, but will definitely consider the normal house hand soap

Thanks

Jan 14, 2008, 10:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    There are a few products on the market made for your situation. You attach a bottle to the end of the garden hose and spray the solution on the glass from the ground. As this stuff dries it has a sheeting action to help avoid streaks. Not as good as washing with a wool applicator but it works.
    Hi thanks, we have already tried this and it really does leave a load of streaks. Maybe we will give it another try, but we still face the issue of the chemicals splashing into the pool.

I suppose we could always do this now as it is too cold to swim. By the time we use the pool the chemicals will be flushed out.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Retrieve Windows XP key but Windows won't boot [ 3 Answers ]

I have an HP machine that has had the case replaced (meaning the sticker is no longer stuck to the side of the case.) It also didn't come with any media (the restore partition is corrupted.) All I need to do to fix the booting problem is run a repair but I cannot get into Windows to retrieve the...

Does anybody have the windows update folder for windows 98? [ 3 Answers ]

I accidentally deleted my Windows update folder. I'd appreciate if anyone could give it to me. Thanks in Advance.:)

Cleaning windows [ 2 Answers ]

What is a best way to clean large windows and mirrors without streak?

Can't load windows, Can't get into safe mode and can't reinstall windows. [ 2 Answers ]

Help! I can't get windows98 SE to load. I can't get into safe mode or reinstall windows. A little history first. I had an issue with my creative sound card. EMM386 not loading along with something that had to do with the sound card. I went back and forth with creative tech support to resolve the...

View more questions Search