Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DMBacoustic Posts: 65, Reputation: 15

Feb 19, 2008, 09:56 AM
    I know how you feel. After my breakup even though I wasn't the one who needed "space" or time to be single, I was constantly being checked up on through Facebook and tahts fine, but it got to the point where if even my sister was saying hello it would turn into "WHY ARE GIRLS LEAVING YOU MESSAGES". So I've been down that road before and its not fun, and as a result I just ended up deleting my Facebook account to avoid anymore drama. One of these days I will make my triumphant return to Facebook, and it will be grand.
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Feb 19, 2008, 09:59 AM
    Hey Rome,

Crazy stuff eh. This Same thing happened to me an I went nuts over it, soit's quite a trip down memory lane reading your posts. I deleted her off Facebook, then blocked her and her cousin. She still got to myprofile through another cousin whom I can't delete cause she's my brothers best friend. Anyway, the day I blocked her she added a friend of mine, he wrote on my wall the very same day, he (like your friends) called me to say this girl whom he has NEVER met is asking to be his friend, heknew we dated but only cause I told him. So I told him to wait until I spoke to her. That's the situation your in, she's adding your friends and all this non-sense.

I was afraid she would start adding more of my friends and God knows why, soi called her to ask her. She played dumb, was rude, and just acted like a fool. She said she did not know I knew the guy or that he happened to write on my wall the very day, just a big coincedence eh, about a 5 billion to 1 shot. Point is that she wants a response from you, I gave her the response and she liked getting off some shots, they don't want to go quietly into the night my friend, that would make too much sense.

Finally, I re-added her at her request and eventually got off Facebook because of her and other reasons, once I didthat she did something similar with another friend but whatever, eventually she let it go cause I was not on it, like you and myspace. Months later I went through the same thing on MSN until I deleted that to, so I only have this and thank-God for that. What you are is wise, anty contact over this will bring it aLLLLLLLLLLLL back, who cares why she does what she does, it makes her look pathetic and weird, not you. Stay strong, its never worth the call, never.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 09:59 AM
    Well, when you do make your triumphant return, look me up. I always love adding to my friend list! :)

Feeling better Rome? 'Cause I've got more movie quotes where my last one came from!

Feb 19, 2008, 10:04 AM
    who cares why she does what she does, it makes her look pathetic and wierd, not you

I could not have summed the situation up any better. Touché.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 10:07 AM
    Ha ha yea, I am feeling a lot better. It just caught me off guard this morning. BMI the thing is, she KNOWS he is my best friend. I mean he would come into my store when she was there and talk, would come to some Triple A baseball gams as he works there and talk to us. She will most definitely NOT get a response from me, I won't stoop to that level. I play it cool when at work, not showing emotion or talking to anyone about how I feel. I will just continue to act like I don't care and she will eventually either A) stop trying or B) actually try to speak to me

Feb 19, 2008, 10:11 AM
    Hear comes my evil head to rear itself again.

But Rome you shouldn't be thinking at all that she will actually try and speak to you again. You're setting yourself up if you keep thinking like that.
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 10:15 AM
    And we were doing so good, boys! :)

But, DMB makes a point...

Me = moderator.

Rome? Your answer!

:D
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 10:16 AM
    Yea, that's true DMB. But in reality, that's the only 2 options there are ha ha. I have told people to stop telling me about her life, as that's what it is, her life. It's actually funny because I used to talk a lot at that job, now I hardly speak, constantly have my head phones on and on break I read, sit by myself and whenever someone asks me how I am, I simply reply. "I'm good, but I should really be getting back to work" It's a complete 180, from how I used to be. I feel so much better about it and about myself. When the break up first happened, I would tell anyone who asked about what was wrong, or what happened. So I have come very very far in my eyes
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 10:17 AM
    Darlin, great answer. :)

You're doing well. Beyond well. You're doing Yondwell (beyond + well, in case you were wondering. ;) )
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 10:20 AM
    Don't worry about it. Keep your head up. You were doing fine.

... really don't have many words of wisdom right now. @ work as well.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 19, 2008, 10:24 AM
    You have come very far indeed, and have handled yourself well, as all she wants is for you to be confused enough to contact her. Well done. SHESH, back in my day not calling was enough, but today, there are so many ways to contact, or check up, on people it would drive me crazy. Keep up the good works on yourself, and you will see the attraction fade by her own actions, they are pathetic. What the heck were you thinking hooking up with her? And still wanting her back?? Oh well, Love is dumb sometimes.
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 10:35 AM
    Yea, the funny thing is. She was NEVER like this when we were dating. She never even went on myspace. So everything she is doing now, is showing me she has completely changed, changed so much I can't even see the person I fell in love with. I am going to continue doing what I am doing with my life. I have set myself up with goals for this year, and will stop it nothing to accomplish them. I take it one day at a time. I talked to my cousin about this earlier and she said the same thing Tal.. That she wants me to be so confused that I text her and ask her what's up so she can shoot me down again because that's how she is avoiding her feelings, by making it seem like I am still the jealous and possessive BF she knew. And by not contacting her, it is hitting her hard and confusing her and eventually it will hit her and then it will be all up to me about where to go from there. Which I will not lie, would be a decision to think about but thought about thoroughly. But with a clear head none the less guys so don't worry.

Feb 19, 2008, 10:55 AM
    And by not contacting her, it is hitting her hard and confusing her and eventually it will hit her and then it will be all up to me about where to go from there. Which I will not lie, would be a decision to think about but thought about thoroughly. But with a clear head none the less guys so don't worry.

As long as you know what you're getting yourself into or how your setting yourself up by thinking that way. For your own sake I think you should just put it into your head that you deserve better, and you're going to wait until that comes around, and in the meantime just live life and not wait for her to talk to you or even give her the time of day when it comes to devoting time to think about her. Even though you're not waiting for her to talk to you but you know what I mean.

Feb 19, 2008, 10:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    What the heck were you thinking hooking up with her? and still wanting her back??? Oh well, Love is dumb sometimes.

Great quote. I think there are a lot of people who would love for that question to be answered.
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 11:00 AM
    Yea, I see what you mean. Its like I want her to talk to me, but I could never do the friends thing with her. That is one thing I won't settle for, I won't do it to myself. I'm just going to live my life for myself. Do what I feel like doing and not caring what she is doing or what she thinks.

Feb 19, 2008, 11:04 AM
    Do you really want to talk with her or you just want someone to talk to. Sometimes its not necessarily the person we miss, its just the situation.

AH

I think that may be why "love is so dumb" sometimes. Because no matter what they say or do, sometimes you feel the need to go crawling back because the situation you were in was comforting. We've all been there, and eventually you learn to be 100% happy on your own, when that happens then you can really learn to love someone else.
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 11:06 AM
    DMB - you're so right...

It sounds all "tree huggery" but you really have to love yourself, who you are when you're alone, before you can truly love someone else.

Feb 19, 2008, 11:11 AM
    Tree Huggery, that hurts HC

Although now that I think about it, I went to a hippie college, I'm obsessed with hippie tree hugging bands, and just graduated with a degree in philosophy. Thanks for the eye opener haha
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2008, 11:14 AM
    LOL! All right... Touche' my friend, touche'.

You said "just what girls do" and I said "tree huggery"...

Let's just drink our e-coffee and play nice! ;)

Feb 19, 2008, 11:16 AM
    Do hippies even drink coffee? I guess that's something I should know. I guess I should lose the suit and tie job too. This is a great life changing experience. I'm ranting a lot today. Yikes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search