Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beenasabnis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2004, 06:20 AM
    Pre schooler problem
    Hi,
    I am running a preschool and nursery school for children for the last 8 yrs. I have learnt a lot from the experience and find the work very interesting. This year I am facing a problem with a child who is extremely naughty dnd restless, who disturbs all the others around, back answers, spits, screams unnecessarily, throws things at other children and distracts others
    Bydoing all the wrong things. He is uncontrollable at times.it is the first time that I am facing this serious a problem.the other children too get disturbed by his behaviour.
    Please let me know how I should deal with this child.
    Please reply urgently
    Thanks
    Beena
    amySlater Posts: 31, Reputation: 0

Dec 26, 2004, 05:15 PM
    I can't even imagine...
    Ms. B,
    Why haven't you talked to the parents about this child's behavior?
    I hope that by now you have solved your problem but if not, maybe this child is in dire need of some one on one attention. I can't imagine an eight year old acting this way all the time without something serious going on in the background. If this behavior is acceptable at the child's home you will not have much luck in steering him the right way at daycare. Are you in an area in which some sort of social service worker could come in an observe the child for other signs of abuse or neglect. You are in a position of great importance when it comes to those kids and parents. You may be the only help that your "problem child" may have. Of course, there are some children who can't be helped with just the simple interventions that you may be able to provide during the time that you have him and if this rings true in your case, it may serve you well to just surrender him to his parents and explain that you have X number of other kids to look after and protect. Protecting those little guys from harm is your main objective right? I am sure that the answer will come to you.
    Amy
    susan cloud Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 01:52 AM
    Ms. B: Since this child is a preschooler, it is quite possible he has some type of developmental disorder. It appears Behavioral problems and these disorders, go hand in hand. It could also be a combination of disorders. Such as ADHD, Attention deficient Hyper Disorder and ODD, Oppositional Defiant Disorder. Children with this ODD are extremely argumentative, disobedient, hostile towards authority figures, aggressive
    Towards their peers and deliberately try to annoy those around them. It could be a number of things, even autisum. I believe you would be doing yourself,as well as the
    Child, an injustice if you don't address this with his parents. If they don't already know,
    They should, so they can take him to a Dr. who specializes in developmental pediatrics and get him the help he needs. They are fortunate to have you as their son's caregiver. I
    Hope everything works out! Susan
    bekah876 Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

Jun 6, 2007, 08:24 PM
    You might already do this but it is important to have antecdotal records on the child. Have observation written down about what he is doing, when he is doing it, why he is doing it. Be sure to only be objective and don't put your opinions in these records. I would talk to the child's parents, once you have antecdotal records to show them. Some parents become defensive and don't want to believe the problem exist, having evidence of his behaviors doesn't give the parents the escape route of denying the problem. Also, by taking records of his behavior maybe you can pin point what is causing the outburst. It might be a certain time of day or when the child is around a certain child, something as simple as that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Playboy girlfirend problem.. Real problem [ 14 Answers ]

I have this new girlfriend.. that I really, really like (more than any other). She seems really nice... she was wearing everything of the "playboy" (earrings, bag, shirt, etc, etc) brand name / merchandise. I thought it was cute and a one time thing. Until I saw her bedroom.. It was 100%...

Teachers vs Home Schooler Instructors [ 3 Answers ]

Why are regular teachers so upset when told that a child is leaving school to be home educated. After all, if the child is leaving school to be educated at home there is a good reason. Maybe the existence of too much violence and drugs at school has made his attendance impossible for example.

View more questions Search