Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Faithpal28 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2008, 07:18 PM
    Templates problems
    :confused: I have a separate domain. How do I get my web page off my hard drive and connected to my domain name.

Second question I am trying use other templates but it is not working. I am creating web pages on my hard drive but when I try to download a template and apply it to my web page design it won't go through.

Please help me I got everything else perfect I just can't understand why I can't use templates.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2008, 05:28 AM
    It sounds like something like Microsoft FrontPage would work best for you. It's a graphical interface whereby you can edit and upload your pages via ftp.

Check eBay... you can probably pick it up for about $50
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Jan 9, 2008, 10:25 AM
    It sounds like you've already got a web site developed and want to upload it to your server. To do so you need to use an FTP client like Filezilla (free), and follow the instructions given by your hosting site to connect the mysite.com name to the uploaded files.

Regarding templates, if you're using program X to develop your site and the templates are for program Y, they're not going to work. Or, if you're downloading the correct templates for your program, you need to follow the program's instructions for installing new templates to get them to work correctly. These can usually be found in the Help menu for the program, in the User Guide that came with the program, or on the program developer's web site.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Site with free thank you letter templates ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, does anyone know of a site where you can find FREE thank you letter templates for sales calls, thanking them for their time, etc. I am having trouble finding a site that offers templates for FREE :(

TEMPLATES are driving me CRAZY! Help please.. [ 2 Answers ]

I am what you would call an HTML novice.  I can make website but am not very knowledgeable with how to integrate free templates into my websites. I just downloaded it and it came with a few different files.  All of which I don't know what to do with! -Index file containing the basic template....

View more questions Search