Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Crysi Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Jan 7, 2008, 03:38 PM
    Brown vaginal discharge and cramping after period
    My last period was from the 28th Dec07 to around 3rd Jan08, it was pretty light and not much cramps. The one before this was from the Nov27 -Dec4 07.I don't know exactly when or if I ovulate.I'm not normally late, but rather much earlier than the typical 28days. Yesterday, I saw a light brown spotting on the tissue and later it was more like a patch of blood.. It is the 7th Jan 08, and I'm having a light, thick bright brown discharge. (Earlier this morning, I noticed my CM was clear,slippery, stretchy but with the brown stuff,slight blood and a single clot.)Also there is mild cramping. Am I ovulating now (probably day 11, I think) Are these symptoms normal at this time of the cycle?:confused:
    heidithedoula Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2008, 04:26 PM
    Yes, the timing and symptoms would suggest that you are ovulating.

Jan 7, 2008, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by heidithedoula
    Yes, the timing and symptoms would suggest that you are ovulating.
    Is it at all possible for me to be pregnant at this time?
    I did have unprotected sex @ the end of my period from the given dates in my previous post.
    It's now night and I'm still having these mild crampy sensations and discharge.
    Hoping for the best.:)
    heidithedoula Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2008, 08:42 PM
    I don't think you are pregnant, it is remotely possible that the sperm could still be alive that were 'deposited' at the time of your unprotected sex and that they could possibly fertilize the egg you are getting ready to release right now.

It is quite normal though to have 2 days of spotting, discharge and cramps around the time of ovulation. The egg is often released at the end of that time or when the discharge has dried up.

Hoping for the best for you!

Jan 8, 2008, 08:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by heidithedoula
    I don't think you are pregnant, it is remotely possible that the sperm could still be alive that were 'deposited' at the time of your unprotected sex and that they could possibly fertilize the egg you are getting ready to release right now.

It is quite normal though to have 2 days of spotting, discharge and cramps around the time of ovulation. The egg is often released at the end of that time or when the discharge has dried up.

Hoping for the best for you!

Hey, thanks for your responses.. You're great!
    bebokhan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2011, 08:52 AM
    I have white and light brown discharge 5dayz lift for periodz m I pregnant?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown Vaginal Discharge - 2 weeks after period [ 4 Answers ]

I am not sexually active (never had intercourse), but my menstrual cycle hasn't been regular for the past month. In the past month or so, I had 2 subsequent periods with only a 2 week interval (ovulation period) between each--my last real period (red blood) was a lighter flow than usual, and ended...

Brown Vaginal Discharge [ 1 Answers ]

For the past two days, I have been having a brown discharge. I am one week away from my period and I am on the pill for the last 7 years. What could be causing this unusual discharge?

Brown vaginal discharge a week before period [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Im 20 years old. Just recently a week before my period is due I've experienced small amount of brown discharge, I could wear a liner and it have nothing on it by the end of the day. It only happens sometimes when I wipe, its never happened to me before. Ive only had two sex partners, Ive had...

Late Period Brown Discharge and cramping [ 4 Answers ]

My period is 4 days late and on the third day I had a brown discharge and I have had unprotected sex and there is some mild cramping. I also have irregular periods.

View more questions Search