Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wild_mustang727 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2007, 08:31 PM
    Bump on outside of vagina
    I've looked through a bunch of pages.
    Let me start by telling you that my body has been through a lot of stress lately.

I was diagnosed with genital herpes almost 3 years ago, and have only been having 1 or 2
    Outbreaks a year.

Over Christmas, I had an outbreak, took medicine and it cleared up. I think I could have oral herpes as well, in the corners of my mouth it's cracked (could just be severely chapped lips from going to Colorado, though).

Now I have a red bump on the outside of my vagina, right near the crease of my thigh. It's just one bump, and looks like a big, nasty zit. It is painful, especially because my jeans and underwear constantly rub against it.

It doesn't seem like herpes to me. I do shave, so it maybe an ingrown hair that got infected? I really don't know though.

Any suggestions?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 08:45 PM
    If you can stop shaving for a while it may clear up. Have it checked out by your doctor. Have a professional take a look, it's better to know for sure. I'd use a sitz bath, or just sit in the bathtub with the water running and shallow. This will bring it to a head if it is a zit. It feels good too. Avoid lotions or sprays in that area.

The chapped lips are probably a reaction to a change in climate. Cracked corners can be caused by certain deficiencies. I don't know if you drink, but stop for a while if you do and take B vitamins.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2007, 08:46 PM
    First and foremost, the most accurate way to be diagnosed is to see your doctor. If you have any concerns, you should always talk to him/her first.

It could be a couple of things. It could be due to your herpes, it could be a staph infection, ingrown hair, or it could be just a plain old pimple. Whatever it may be, you should see your doctor to be sure. In the mean time, don't try to pop it or squeeze it. Depending on what it is, you could just make it worse.

Good luck and I hope it turns out well for you! :)
    wild_mustang727 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2007, 11:33 PM
    Well I just finished draining it, before I read your response.
    It oozed white liquid, and started bleeding... but it feels a little better. I cleaned the area really well. I have had a few herpes outbreaks so I really don't think that's what it is. I searched for pictures of infected ingrown hairs, and that's exactly what it looks like. It had a white head - so that's the reason I decided to pop it.
    If it doesn't look any better by tomorrow I'll try to schedule an appointment before I go into work. Hopefully doctor's offices are open on New Years Eve.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Dec 31, 2007, 12:14 AM
    I'm glad it feels better but you really should not play with it (until you know what it is for sure). Even ingrown hairs can get severely inflamed and sometimes infected from being squeezed and played with too much.

Good luck with it and I hope it heals up for you. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bump on vagina [ 6 Answers ]

I have a bump on my vagina. It was like a pimple, but I sqeezed it and pus came out then a little blood. It's still a bump. The bump is located were my vaginal hairs are. Should I be alarmed?

Red bump-white bump in labia minora [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I've surfed through this site trying to find a solution, but haven't come across one, so I hope you can help me. Every few months I get a small pin-prick sized red raised dot on the outside of my right labia minora. It's mostly benign in feeling, but occasionally feels irritated. In...

Bump on vagina [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm 17 years old and about 9 days ago I noticed a small bump on the inside of the outter lip of my vagina. It is about the same color as the surrounding skin, and nothing is coming out of it. When I squeeze it nothing comes out either, but it does hurt. I initially thought it was a bug bite...

Bump on outside of vagina [ 3 Answers ]

I am 22 and 2 months pregnant with my second child I have been with the same man for 8 years and I have recently found a painful bump on the outside of my vagina under my pubic hair. I don't know what it could be? I was tested for HIV and STD's with my first child and the all came back negative. My...

Bump on vagina [ 3 Answers ]

I recently just discovered that I have one bump on the outside of my vagina. I'm freaking out because I don't know what it is? Is it just a pimple? Can it be caused from someone fingering you? Is it an std? Cancer? Please respond!

View more questions Search