Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    collinsmachelle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2007, 04:01 PM
    How to file taxes without an income?
    I receive 115 from Disability Financial Assistance from Job and Family services. I also attend college full time how do I file taxes to get the hope and lifetime tax credit and the telephone tax credit. The 115 a month from Job and Family Services is not taxable income. Any idea of how I would file taxes?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Dec 30, 2007, 11:57 PM
    If you have NO taxable income, you cannot claim either the Hope or Lifetime Learning Credit, as these are NO refundable credits. Hence, you have NO REQUIREMENT to file a tax return.

Go to Internal Revenue Service to see if you can file JUST for the Telephone Tax Credit, whichwas a one-time credit for 2006.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paying ga. State income taxes on income earned in another state [ 1 Answers ]

I earned money working in Texas, which does not have a state income tax, however I discovered when I filed my taxes I was being assesed taxes on income I did not earn in Georgia, I don't know the law, but I feel this is unfair.

I did not file my taxes but had taxes taken out of my check [ 14 Answers ]

I'm kind of worried here... I don't know why I didn't, but it is what it is. I just didn't file my taxes for 2005 and 2006. I also worked for a company in 2004 that paid me in personal buisiness checks that I would cash at citibanks, etc. but they never had me fill out any paperwork and never...

2006 taxes: F-1 OPT Income & Foreign Income [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a somewhat complicated question about my 2006 taxes... I came to the US in 2001 on a student visa (F1). After I finished my degree I worked one year under OPT, and I left when my OPT/visa expired in May 2006 and went home to my native country and got a job there. So basically I...

How to file taxes with no income [ 6 Answers ]

Hi... hope someone can help me, I am a full time student.. I live off school grants and veteran disability benefit money. This is the first time I have not received any income for a whole year. And I don't know how to file my taxes without a w2. But I do know that it is nessesary to file my taxes...

How to File Income Taxes When Converting from F-1 to H-1 Visa Status (AtlantaTaxExp) [ 63 Answers ]

To All Who Have Read My Postings On This Issue: After further consultation with NATP, I am making some additional editing changes, which will be in bold red. I have also been referred to a website maintained by a CPA with extensive credentials and experience doing returns for resident and...

View more questions Search