Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lexygal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2005, 04:39 AM
    Mysterious bites?
    Hello all.

I'm new here and am hoping someone can help me out.

Basically, for about the past three months, about every three weeks or so I wake up with bites on my lower legs - although I have had them as high as my hip and lower back.

They are so itchy, and are quite big and go really red. If I scratch them too much they get really painful and weep... not very pleasant.

The bed itself is new, and I've had a look at the mattress and can't see anything... And I thought the other day that this has only started happening since I put an electric blanket on the bed...

Is it bed bugs that are nibbling at me? If so, how do I get rid of them? They're driving me nuts.

Thanks
    Lexy xxx
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2005, 04:54 AM
    Bites.
    I was in the process of answering your post when your message of thanks
    Arrived.
    It is always nice to make new members welcome.
    But, much nicer when the fact is acknowledged.

Now to my suggestions for your mysterious bites:-

1) Get rid of the electric blanket, especially if it is second hand.
    2) If it has bed mites, the heat will make them multiply.
    3) Try and get some CORTESONE cream and put on spots.
    4) Wear socks over the cream. At the same time they keep your feet warm.
    5) Make sure you cover your legs when asleep.
    6) The bites could be Mosquito bites.
    7) If your bedroom has windows , try and get some fly/mosquito screens
    Not to allow insects in the room.
    8) If not try and devise some form of net over your bed.

I wish you all the very best.

Rolcam.
    Roland camilleri.
    Sydney australia.
    lexygal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2005, 05:01 AM
    Thank you!
    Hiya Rolcam,

Thanks so much for your reply, as I said, it's driving me to distraction!

Consider the electric blanket gone...
    I have been using cream on the bites (antisceptic cream I think), but I will try to get some of what you suggest, as the stuff I use doesn't seem to help much...
    I doubt they're mossie bites, as I'm over in scotland and it's snowing here, so I would think it's far too cold for them!

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, I hope you had a good christmas and a have a happy (bug free!) new year!

Lexy xxx
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Jun 19, 2007, 02:18 PM
    I think it's bed bugs.the will live in the headboard of your bed during the day,and come out at night to feed.spray your room with a pesticide that will kill bed bugs,otherwise you will never get any sleep.They ate me up one night at a hotel,I actually saw one on the bed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Misquito bites from Peru [ 4 Answers ]

I recently travelled to Peru where my legs gotten eaten by misquitos. I've rarely gotten bites in the US and my skin reacted horribly to the Peru misquitos. I'm back now and they're healing, but I'm anxious to be active again. My question is, will they heal faster if I don't run or exercise? ...

Mosquito bites or bed bugs? [ 6 Answers ]

?? I need advice! Two weeks ago I was at a picnic and seemed to notice a lot of knats around. Two days after the picnic I discovered over 20 bites on my legs which I had an allergic reaction to. Most of both legs were pink, swolen, and hot to the touch. The bites became the size of quarters. ...

Bites [ 1 Answers ]

What is a good remedy to stop the itching from bed bug bite?

History Bites [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone here seen "History Bites" (tv show)? If you haven't then try to look it up or see if they air it on the discovery/comedy networks in your area because it is one of those few educational gems out there. http://www.historybites.com/

Doxie Puppy Gives Love Bites [ 3 Answers ]

My 8-month-old Doxie puppy bites my hand, tummy, clothes or whatever part of me he can. When he's outside, he chews everything except his chew toys! :) I know I need to stop this, but he is overly submissive so I don't want to yell or scare him. So far, I've said, "Hey!" but he doesn't quit for...

View more questions Search