Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    puckpop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2007, 05:53 PM
    Delete old folder from previous xp installation
    My computer has 2 hard drives. When I reinstalled windows XP SPII my old documents folder which resides in another partition will not allow me to acess it. I no longer need the folder and I just want to free up the space. Any suggestions?
    Bardonicus Posts: 53, Reputation: 3

Jan 13, 2008, 09:28 AM
    You have to take ownership of that folders permissions and then you can delete it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What can a previous employer say about you? [ 11 Answers ]

I left my job of almost 2 years just recently. I am now seeking employment elsewhere and wanted to know if my previous employer can give me a "bad" reference. I didn't really leave on the best terms (did not give two weeks notice, but DID finish my shift that day, and informed them that I would not...

Previous installation of D-link - password [ 2 Answers ]

Approx. 4 years ago a tech installed d-link di-614+ 2.4GHz Wireless Broadband Router on my home computer. I have one computer linked and want to add another. I attempted to get into the site by typing the IP but it asks for user and password. I typed in admin for user but don't know the password....

Install folder is missing from my Windows (XP) folder [ 3 Answers ]

How odd. Tried to install a program and got "1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime". I found the fix options at microsoft.com but one of them refers to C:\Windows\Installer - and I realize I don't have it! How the heck it disappeared I have no clue :confused: Hope hope...

Dual installation; same partition; both windowsXP; How do I delete one? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I installed two installations of windows xp on accident on my laptop hard drive. I tried to do a repair install but the cd I used was a silent install cd for windows and I forgot it was. So I ended up with two windows XP installs on my hard drive, both on partition C. The folders on the C...

Can't delete album folder from My Music. [ 3 Answers ]

I was having problems playing songs on Musicmatch Jukebox, from one of the cds I ripped to My Music. I tried to delete the artist's folder but it won't let me (cannot delete file: cannot read from the source file or disk). I opened this folder and saw two folders with the name of the album on...

View more questions Search