Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lololito Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2007, 01:17 PM
    Outdoor water fountain and christmas decoration not working
    Out Door Fountain And Christmas Decoration Plugged In To Same Outlet With A Gfi, After Last Night Freezeing Temp Of 30 Degrees We Live In Clovis, Ca, Central Californnia, Near Fresno, My Husband Looked At All Gfi, In Our Home, Home Is 8 Years Old, 6gfi In Home, The Outside Outlet Is For Outdoor Fountain Only, However That Gfi Will Not Reset. We Tried The Water Motor With A Extension Cord To Other Outside Outlet And Motor Working Fine. Cannot Get The Fountain Outlet To Worked Or Gfi To Reset. What Can We Do, Thank You Dori Munoz
    jack dandy Posts: 226, Reputation: 9

Dec 27, 2007, 01:37 PM
    You probably have some kind of moisture or condensation stuck in outlet or plugs, make sure everything is dry and all plugs are plugged in tight. Mine also went out I dried everything up and made sure plugs wer tight and it worked fine after that. Good luck and Merry Christmas.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Dec 27, 2007, 01:45 PM
    Jack is probably right, whatever caused the GCFI to pop is still present. That or the receptacle has gone bad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washing Machine water fountain [ 2 Answers ]

What should I do if the cold water is coming out of the handle of the spigot instead of the mouth when I hook up the washing machine hose and turn on the water? Older home has very narrow water line to the laundry area. Should probably install shut-off valves before the faucets too. Could...

Outdoor christmas lights [ 10 Answers ]

How many strands of christmas lights can you put together without blowing fuse on lights?

Outdoor outlet not working -- wet? [ 1 Answers ]

Our outdoor front entry outlet isn't working, and there is no reset button, nor is there a switch listed on our fuse box for that outlet. Outlets in indoor rooms that are closest to this outlet are working fine. We've had some rain this week, right around the time the outlet quit working. Is there...

Outdoor outlets not working. HELP! [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Here's my dilemma: I have 3 ooutdoor outlets along the back of my property. As far as I know all have worked up until this morning. There was a terrible storm yesterday where flooding, high wind and long periods of down pours were present; now none of the electrical outlets are working. I...

No water to outdoor spigots [ 1 Answers ]

My house, built in 2002, has well & septic. No water is coming out of the 2 outdoor spigots (the last time I used them was October) and I did not shut off the water. Could the well water clog the pipes, or could someone shut off the water from the outside?

View more questions Search