Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ravenna-Carrier Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2007, 09:34 AM
    Carrier furnace irradict operation
    May I ask what a main limit switch is and what it's purpose is? I have a 150,000 BTU sparker igniting furnace model 58GS150-1A (Carrier) Series 101.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Dec 26, 2007, 12:47 PM
    Main limit is a safety device.
    Its purpose is to help the furnace from going into terminal meltdown.
    In other words it is a very important part and if you have a bad one you need to find out what the problem is and then replace the high limit.
    Dirty filters and A/C coils can cause this as well as other things.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Weathermaker 8000 intermittent operation [ 13 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Carrier Wethermaker 8000 gas furnace. Over the past week or so, I've noticed that the temperature in my house drops into the low 60's (I usually keep the thermostat on 68/69) and the furnace never kicks on. The thrmostat itself seems to be OK. The problem is intermittent at this...

Blower during furnace operation on electric Coleman Evcon [ 2 Answers ]

I just installed a programmable thermostat for an electric Coleman Evcon furnace. Now when the furnace comes on the blower also comes on. Sometimes the blower goes off a minute or so before the furnace stops. It never did this before- in fact I didn't even know there was a blower. Do I need to...

Want Fulltime Fan Operation With Gas Furnace [ 7 Answers ]

For various reasons, I want to have the house HVAC fan running all the time. Continuous movement of air, keeps the house from getting "stuffy", white noise in the background, etc. This is fine during the warmer months, as the system allows that. But even if I command the fan to always be on...

Carrier Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Motor runs, pilot light won't ignite. Led blinks no clue what it means after 5 minutes the motor stops.

Carrier furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Furnace that will not light. It has an electronic igniter. I turn the power off and on and the blower works but it will not ignite. It cycles two or three times and turns off. It has a red light that blinks on and off intermittently.

View more questions Search