Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oni_bull Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2007, 12:32 AM
    Sleeping with dogs causing infertility?
    Dear all,

I loooove sleeping with my dog. In fact, we share the same bed since I first bought her 2 years ago. My close friends tell me that sleeping with dogs causing infertility caused by a virus called toxoplasmosis. I have searched the internet and almost all the information I received said toxoplasmosis exist in cats' faeces and uncooked meat, no information on dogs.
    Please help me because I love sleeping with my dog but I want to have kids too!

Thanks!

Leony
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2007, 12:37 AM
    I have never heard of that. As far as dog care goes, many myths of the50's are alive and well.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 26, 2007, 07:54 AM
    No you cannot get toxoplasmosis from dogs. Your information is correct, feces of cats, and raw or undercooked meat, but not dogs.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2007, 07:24 PM
    And even if you could get toxoplasmosis from dogs, it doesn't cause infertility. In most people it doesn't cause any symptoms at all, although it can be dangerous to a fetus or someone with a compromised immune system.

Toxoplasmosis: Fact Sheet | CDC Parasitic Diseases

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Restless sleeping/breaking the habit of sleeping on the bed [ 2 Answers ]

Our little shih tzu (8 months old) started well, but more recently has taken to sleeping under or on our bed. We took the path of least resistance and let him get away with it, but his constant licking, nibbling, flicking his ears around and general sleep noise is driving us nuts. Any tips for...

Sleeping dogs [ 1 Answers ]

My dog is 3 yrs old and has slowly worked his way onto our bed. He sleeps there when we are not home and when we go to bed he's there. Now we have a toddler around the house and he is having some issues with pecking order of the household because he feels higher on the chain because he sleeps in...

Unexplained Infertility [ 17 Answers ]

I have been trying to get pregnant for 3 years now, and nothing. I'm 19 and my husband is 21. I have had every test done and none of the doctors I have seen thus far can tell me anything, other than they know nothing. I was wondering if anyone else has gone through the same thing. If so, I...

Question about infertility [ 7 Answers ]

Just found the site today, this is my first post. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for over a year. In March it was determined that I had blockage in my tubes and that same month I had laparoscopy to remove the blockage. It is now the end of Aug and still no pregnancy. ...

View more questions Search