Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chompchomp2008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2007, 02:56 AM
    Evicting A Tenant In Florida (no written lease)
    A friend of mine has rented a room out in his house to a evil woman and her teenage daughter. My question is how can he evict her without a signed rental lease?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 25, 2007, 10:02 AM
    First I hope a lesson learned that they always need a written rental agreement that spells out what can and can not be done.
    But assuming they are paying monthly, she has to give them a 30 day notice that they have to move. ** unless it is for non payment of rent then a shorter notice to pay or quit is allowed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The binding effect of being a written occupant, but not tenant, on a 1 yr res. Lease [ 1 Answers ]

My friend entered into a one-year residential lease in New Jersey for an apartment along with her significant other and one other individual. When going to sign the lease, the other individual did not have his driver's license as the front office required. However, instead of coming back another...

Evicting Tenant Without a Lease in FL [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, I am new to this site so hello to everybody out there! I am having a problem with a nightmare roommate who I have asked to leave, but anticipate having problems with her actually moving out. I am in Florida and I am technically not supposed to have a roommate who is not on the lease,...

Evicting a tentant without a written contract, renter not paying on time [ 1 Answers ]

I am a condo owner, and I am recently experiencing some problems with a tentant not paying his rent on time, and insufficient at due date. He was a friend of mine, and we did not sign any lease agreements for him to rent a room out of the condo. I expect he will have at least 30 days, but I want to...

How long do I have to give before evicting when there's no written agreement or lease [ 1 Answers ]

I have a house that I'm letting an acquaintance live in with the verbal understanding that she is to make my house payment every month until she can get financing to purchase. She has informed me that she cannot pay the payment this month and she has no intention of getting a loan for at least 3...

Verbal Lease after written lease agreement - Florida [ 6 Answers ]

I had a signed lease with my renter from March 2006 to October 2006. In September he failed to pay rent due to him trying to get his son from Social Services. We verbally agreed to extend the lease to a month to month basis and him adding an additional $50.00 per month to make up for Septembers...

View more questions Search