Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kick277Jen Posts: 26, Reputation: 6

Dec 24, 2007, 08:41 PM
    What is love?
    What exactly is love?

When my boyfriend told me he loved me, I replied that he didn't. I told him that he might really like me, but it's not love. He then stated that his feelings were definitely true, and asked me what I thought the definition of love was that made his profession a lie. I thought about it, and realized that I really don't know what love is. Is it just deeply caring about someone?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Dec 24, 2007, 08:48 PM
    Well, it really depends on your age... I think.

When a high school student tells his girlfriend that he loves her... 99 out of 100... he's not really in love with her. He may care for her deeply... but really... that sort of deep emotional bond apparently only happens when you're older. Who knows, there are a few that marry their high school sweetheart and stay that way. I'm just talking in generalities.

I'll give you the cheesiest definition of love. Loving someone is caring for them... being IN love with someone, is caring for them more than you care about yourself. Putting them before your own self.

... hope that cheesified definition helped.
    Sarah_the_vet_tech Posts: 38, Reputation: 11

Dec 25, 2007, 12:40 AM
    I can only tell you what I think love is. Love to me is being with someone who you can never imagine being without. Someone who you can be mad at one minute and they can make you laugh the next. Someone that you know if they are by your side you can handle anything that life throws at you. Its unconditional. There is never any doubt how you feel. When you know everyday can't be a honeymoon but that's OK with you. You think of them before you think of yourself. When they hurt you hurt more. I could go on and on. I did marry my high school sweetheart. I am 27 now and we have been together for almost 14 years. I love him with everything I have. And he does me the same. And the wonderful thing about love is that it grows over time. It gets stronger and stronger.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 25, 2007, 11:31 AM
    Love does grow over time, long after lust, and infatuation have left.
    Kick277Jen Posts: 26, Reputation: 6

Dec 25, 2007, 07:24 PM
    Thanks for your input.

Is a guys definition of love different than a females?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Dec 25, 2007, 08:35 PM
    Try this: What IS Love
    in a state Posts: 80, Reputation: 12

Dec 30, 2007, 08:55 PM
    Love is listening to you're your partner's heartbeats believing that that's the rhythm of your mind.
    Wishing you could touch the sound
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 30, 2007, 09:50 PM
    Love is listenng to her stomach growl, and know she is hungry for you!!

Not as romantic when you read it. I guess you have to be there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

In love with someone who doesn't love me anymore. [ 8 Answers ]

I started dating my ex in Apirl of last year. We got pregnant within the first three months, and my hormones and emotions starting going crazy. I was treating him like crap, saying things like I didn't want to be with him, I would ruin the evening by thinking he didn't want me there, even though...

Does Love exist? Is there such thing as love? [ 22 Answers ]

I was wondering what is your opinion or thoughts on this situation, I went through a couple of months ago (in 2006). It was nearing the end of my first year at University, I was dancing on the last night the pub was open; suddenly, I saw a good-looking, kind of modest girl and I got the...

Love, understanding love, types of love [ 12 Answers ]

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. We all use love so much, we could say we love someone, then the next moment, we say we love our car, or wed love a big mac. I was watching this interesting video, in which this guy explained that the hebrews had 3 words for love. Raya- friendship...

How could this Happen So fast? Love me and then love another? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi This is my exgirlfriend responses in the last weeks I was with here for 4 years the guy she cheated with and she is still with since November 26 2007, He just inherited a large sum of money almost a half of million his mother died and she gets what ever she needs and wants. He is so good to...

View more questions Search