Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magicgb77 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Dec 22, 2007, 08:24 PM
    3 months late and negative blood tests
    Ok so I am 3 months late for my period, I took urine tests and 2 blood tests both with negative results. My doctor only wants me to take a medicine to make my period come, when I am hesitant to because I have pregnancy symptoms. My breast have been sore for all 3 months and in the first two months I had a little cramping ( like my period was about to come). I often got very tired and urinate frequently. I have read stories about women with my problem and finding out that they are indeed pregnant. I would just like to know if this is at all possible, could I in fact be pregnant even with negative test results... please help... thank you:confused:
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2007, 07:57 AM
    Sure it's possible... it is more common to be pregnant and have negative HPT than negative bloodwork. Being pregnant and having negative bloodwork isn't very common.

I would say you aren't pregnant.

When my older sister came off birth control to try and get pregnant, she missed her first period and thought she was pregnant, the blood test showed she wasn't, so she took Provera to induce her period.

I have to take Prometrium every month to induce my period because I don't have one.

The body works in weird ways... there are many reasons you may miss a period and not be pregnant.
    momof3angels Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2007, 12:20 AM
    I would ask m ob to do an US if you are 3 months late than they would be able to see something on it in regards to a baby forming if you are indeed pregnant. I just found out that I am 7 weeks pregnant and had several negative hpt and 1 negative blood test. I would say there is a chance you could be pregnant, you know your body better than any test does. Your hcg level may just be producing slower than other women do. SO I would demand that your ob does an US!! Good luck to you! Keep me posted on how it turns out
    magicgb77 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Dec 24, 2007, 09:47 AM
    Thank you both for your answers, yes I am going to ask for an us and hope for the best I will keep ypo posted... also if you find anything more, let me know!
    mimzy2087 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2009, 03:04 PM
    You're not the only one going through this I am three months late negative blood test negative pregnancy test. This is the second time this happens to me. When I was pregnant with my son no doctor found him until I was 7 months pregnant. I don't know what to do. I don't have money to see an OB.
    babwgreen123 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2009, 06:06 PM

Hi there I no of a few people that have gone 6months without periods and not be pregnant it just might mean you need to take some hormone pills or a pill to reregulate your periods maybe ask your dr to get you a ulter sound at the hospital to see if your woman parts are fine but take your doctors advise take some pills to regulate your periods and if that don't work go get a ultursound see what an be wrong it is rare to have a woman be pregnant an it come up negative today's tech are pretty advanced now they can pick up if you are pregnant now in blood test you also might have a sti or std as to put it that can stop your periods also depression and stress can stop your periods so if any of them match your critera then deff see a dr about stress relif or anti depressnts or a hormone pill hope that helps you
    ajay1028 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2009, 08:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mimzy2087 View Post
    you're not the only one going through this i am three months late negative blood test negative pregnancy test. this is the second time this happens to me. when i was pregnant with my son no doctor found him until i was 7 months pregnant. i dont know what to do. i dont have money to see an OB.

Mimzy, try going to Planned Parenthood. They have offices allover the US and work with those who do not have insurance. Planned Parenthood

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Three negative pregnancy tests, no period in 5 months [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 17 and I have not had my period in five months. The last time I had sex was about five months ago as well. I was on the birth control pill but I wasn't very good about taking it everyday and ontime. Today I got a tiny bit of red blood when I wiped. Which also happened once about a month...

2 months late, 2 negative tests. Could I be pregnant? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there, I'll start with the dates... October 1st, I had my period (start day). October 6th I had to take the morning after pill. Then October 16th my former partner and I had unprotected sex again cancelling out the pill. Its now December 1st and I still have no period. Could I be pregnant? I...

Three negative pregnancy tests, no period for five months [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 17 and I have not had my period in five months. The last time I had sex was about five months ago as well. I was on the birth control pill but I wasn't very good about taking it everyday and ontime. Today I got a tiny bit of red blood when I wiped. Which also happened once about a month...

No period in five months, three negative pregnancy tests [ 3 Answers ]

Missed Period for 2 months but tests are NEGATIVE [ 18 Answers ]

Hello, Iam 22 and Iam really nervouse and scared.. Iam married but me and my husband began to use condoms instead of any birth control pill or patches. Before I got married and began to use the Ortha Evora Patches I sometimes had irregular periods( I wouldn't get it for weeks or even a few...

View more questions Search