Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2007, 03:23 PM
    Blindsided by bf/gf/spouse?
    I was recently blindsided by my girlfriend... as we've been in a relationship for 3 years. I am 21. College senior. Ready to go start my future. Thought we were going to go all the way... but she blindsided me and we broke up. Shocked. Then she got with another guy within 3 days of us breaking up.. . um. Any other interesting stories?
    enjay22 Posts: 35, Reputation: 3

Dec 21, 2007, 12:00 AM
    I'm sorry. It happenes.
    I think the only thing you can really do.. is just
    party hard =] HAHA
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2007, 12:14 AM
    Yes well. I'm not much of a party animal... I'm not. I'm more of a workahaulic. I spend countless overtime hours at the research lab. Sad. I know. Eh, it makes me happy.

However, any stories?
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 21, 2007, 12:23 AM
    Blindsided??
    Take your blinders off, observe and communicate more.
    Look around you, it happens to many who think they have a 'sure thing' because they are seeing only what they imagine is the perfect world for them. It's not that perfect out there unless you work at it.
    ''Practice makes Perfect'' At the age of 21, thinking that it's time to go all the way, is a little wishfull thinking. There are people twice as old as you who still don't understand or know what they want. It's all in the growing process.
    Better luck next time, and until then, party hardy and Happy Holidays.

MissingHim2Much Posts: 252, Reputation: 37

Dec 21, 2007, 12:24 AM
    My story is so flippin interesting it should be on Jerry Springer... LMAO
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 21, 2007, 12:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MissingHim2Much
    my story is so flippin interesting it should be on Jerry Springer....LMAO
    I bet you'd make more money if you wrote the book. Less crazies to deal with too.

Happy Holidays, Missing...

Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2007, 12:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery
    Blindsided???
    Take your blinders off, observe and communicate more.
    Look around you, it happens to many who think they have a 'sure thing' because they are seeing only what they imagine is the perfect world for them. It's not that perfect out there unless you work at it.
    ''Practice makes Perfect'' At the age of 21, thinking that it's time to go all the way, is a little wishfull thinking. There are people twice as old as you who still don't understand or know what they want. It's all in the growing process.
    Better luck next time, and until then, party hardy and Happy Holidays.

The thing is, people around us thought we had a good relationship, and I thought we were doing very well... not because my needs were fulfilled, but because we got along so well and were communicating all the time, joking around, etc. it was so fast that I actually pondered, is this a mental status change..

Obviously, 21's too young to think it was "going to go all the way"... but I def saw this girl as a possibility, as almost EVERYONE around us knew how close we were, and how functional we were in a relationship. I don't mean that we spent EVERY waking moment together, but we each had our own lives, and we made it work well. I was going to go to med school, she was going to go to law school.

Still, to this day, I'll be eating lunch and I'll just stop and think... DID THAT REALLY JUST F-ING HAPPEN?

Dec 21, 2007, 12:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery
    I bet you'd make more money if you wrote the book. Less crazies to deal with too.

Happy Holidays, Missing...

So true Chery... Besides I have all my teeth and I don't usually flash my boobies for Jerry beads.

Happy Holidays, to you too Chery

Dec 21, 2007, 12:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny

still, to this day, i'll be eating lunch and i'll just stop and think...DID THAT REALLY JUST F-ING HAPPEN?
    Yep, still 5 months later I say the same thing... It wasn't a case of having blinders on for me... He made it a point to make me think it was going to last... It must have been his sick twisted goal in life... WHO KNOWS
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 21, 2007, 12:47 AM
    OK.. so I'll tell my story too.

I'm 56 and had a relationship with this guy since 1999. When I found out I had cancer - the mean one - in September 17th, the next day he changed the lock to his place - with all my stuff still there. The sucker was too chicken to even talk about it or tell me he could not handle the situation. We also live in the same building and I've gotten most of my stuff from him. The funny part is he still cannot look me straight in the eyes. I actually enjoy our accidental meetings in the stairway because I know how it stresses him and LMAO.

Such is life - and I now am enjoying every minute of it doing the things I want to do instead of taking care of his poor little needs. He's all alone now, no friends and the neighbors all know what he's like - they invite me over and he sees it all in his self-made seclusion.

Just goes to show, no matter how old we are or how much experience, there is still more to learn out there.

Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2007, 12:58 AM
    Wow, chery. No offense, but what a d-bag. Couldn't handle the situation? Obviously, I've never been in such a situation... but I feel like half the guys on this conf would have stayed with the girl... no matter what.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 24, 2007, 07:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ISneezeFunny
    wow, chery. no offense, but what a d-bag. couldnt handle the situation? obviously, i've never been in such a situation...but i feel like half the guys on this conf would have stayed with the girl...no matter what.
    Thank you sweetheart.. just goes to show he's not even half the guy he thinks he is, and he will get his just reward - of that I'm sure. It is X-mas Eve, and I've been invited nextdoor while he is all alone. And I will be spending tomorrow with my daughter and wonderful grandson.. and in a few weeks, I will be flying to Las Vegas to stay with my brother for two weeks.. so I am just 'tickled pink' and happy. And he will be 'green' with envy - his own son and his family (new baby too) will be spending the time with their 'grandma' so I fee real sorry for him (NOT)...

To all of you and your's, a Very Merry Christmas and Peace!

little firefly Posts: 139, Reputation: 36

Dec 24, 2007, 08:25 AM
    [QUOTE][/OK.. so I'll tell my story too.

I'm 56 and had a relationship with this guy since 1999. When I found out I had cancer - the mean one - in September 17th, the next day he changed the lock to his place - with all my stuff still there. The sucker was too chicken to even talk about it or tell me he could not handle the situation. We also live in the same building and I've gotten most of my stuff from him. The funny part is he still cannot look me straight in the eyes. I actually enjoy our accidental meetings in the stairway because I know how it stresses him and LMAO.

Such is life - and I now am enjoying every minute of it doing the things I want to do instead of taking care of his poor little needs. He's all alone now, no friends and the neighbors all know what he's like - they invite me over and he sees it all in his self-made seclusion.

Just goes to show, no matter how old we are or how much experience, there is still more to learn out there.
    QUOTE]
    OMG, I thought MY ex boyfriend was a complete jerk, but I think that yours takes the grand prize for jerkiness! It shows a lot of strength and character that you have been enjoying your life and taking things in stride.

Bless you Chery. I hope and wish nothing but the very best for you.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 2, 2008, 05:33 PM
    Thank you LittleFirefly... hope you had wonderful and peaceful holidays.

There will always be a jerk or two in our lives, but we women generally and thankfully survive. This brought me back to realizing who and what is really important in my life. Don't get me wrong - falling in love is a great human emotion but sometimes a reality check is worth much more.

All the best to you and yours.

ilovcali Posts: 206, Reputation: 85

Jan 2, 2008, 06:19 PM
    Well, I spoke some about this with Tal. My ex from the summer came back to me the day after Christmas. WOOHOO right! Wrong. We broke up because it would have been long distance. Anyway, after staying in touch for a while, I basically stopped contact because whenever I asked about visiting, she would never even acknowledge the topic. So I stopped asking.

Here is what sucks. I was happy with our relationship, I was happy with how it ended, I missed her, but hey, life goes on. I was never sad about it.

So back to now. She shows up at MY house the day after Christmas. I'm excited to see her. We get along fine, and then I ask her if she wants to hang out on NYE. No. All of a sudden she says she is dating her roommate and she doesn't love me anymore. Ok. Take a deep breath. Then it gets better. She says that if we spend NYE together, we'll get drunk and end up having sex.

Then she proceeds to tell me that she knows that she's not going to marry the guy she's with. Then it gets even better. She claims then, that she knows she loves him, because she has ALREADY CHEATED on him! She did it so she could feel like she has power in the relationship. Evidently, I'm the only guy she's never cheated on. Whatever.

Am I crazy? I must be. She continues by saying that she can't do anything with me because it would mean something. By this point, I am looking at the sweet girl that I loved like she's a total psycho. I asked her if she came from 500 miles to tell me all this.

Now I will be honest, when she came to visit, I did think she was coming to have some "fun". When she told me she had a boyfriend out of the blue, I said OK. I respect that. But then she went to tell me about cheating on him with more than one guy, and that she can't even kiss me because it would mean something to me. Ok. So why the hell did you come to visit me?

I made the mistake of letting her back into my life after I had cut her off. I did it because I never had a bad thought or bad thing to say about her. And she came up here to visit and literally destroy all those thoughts I had of her.

The most baffling part of all this, is while she's telling me she doesn't care about me, she is crying non-stop. She wouldn't stop crying. I finally said, I let you go once and I was fine. I let you go again, and this time, please let me go. Don't ever contact me again.

I dropped her off with her family while she is in tears and was flabbergasted by the whole event. I think I am nuts. I must be. I felt bad she was crying, I felt worse that her family must think I'm some bad guy.

Now I am a little sad. I was very happy with the way we ended and now I am disgusted with what will be our final encounter. The whole thing is sad, awful, and was unnecessary. I am still in shock that she came to see me just for the drama that ensued.

Anyway, like I said, I'm convinced I am nuts these days. And as far as I can tell, there is no point to try and make sense of the senseless.

That's my story.

--Cali

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

US Citizen married filing separately, spouse lives outside US: does spouse need ITIN? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. I am a US Citizen living in the US full time. My husband is German, living in Europe full time. We got married in the US in September 2006. My husband is applying for a green card but meanwhile cannot enter the US, due to immigration rules. Therefore we have not lived in the US together...

Blindsided with a child we knew nothing about.questions about fathers rights [ 10 Answers ]

Good afternoon all! My husband and I were completely blindsided yesterday. We received a letter from the child support office informing us of a court date to establish child support for a child we knew nothing about! To back up a bit, my husband and I were separated for 2 years, so if he...

Work or Spouse Visa.future Military spouse. [ 1 Answers ]

I really have no idea where to start... I am engaged and currently visiting my fiancé (a Marine) in Okinawa, Japan. . He is stationed in Japan for the next 9 months. I was considering moving to Japan to be with him during this tour. I do not have a job in the US, I will more than likely find...

H1-B to F-1 with spouse on H1-B [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me with a question I have regarding my tax status. 1) My spouse and I are both Canadian citizens. 2) From October 2000 until July 2005, I wa working on an H1-B visa and filed the appropriate tax forms (joint 1040EZ) 3) Since Aug 2005 I have quit...

View more questions Search