Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happy711 Posts: 215, Reputation: 4

Dec 20, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Is it a scar?
    I ripped a couple layers of skin off on my forehead by accident, there was a pimple there. 5 months later it left a kind of reddish circle crater shape. It is about a centimeter and I have another smaller one right near it. How can I make it go away?
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 20, 2007, 03:52 PM
    Yes, it's a scar. Cuts and rips can leave a permanent discoloration to the skin. If your skin has a rip, the body heals it. However, the skin can't always be restored to its former state. Unfortunately there's nothing you can do to make it go away. Since the scar has a crater shape, it may need to be surgically treated with laser skin resurfacing or collagen injections. Please consult with your dermatologist for treatment options.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Dec 20, 2007, 04:12 PM
    Using a good makeup will help cover it up too. I have some acne scars and I use the makeups for covering wrinkles, even though I don't have them yet (not too many anyway, lol). But, it seems to work well for covering scars too.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 20, 2007, 04:30 PM
    If the topic starter is a female, she could use make up to cover the scar. But some scars are hard to camouflage, especially if they're indented or have a crater form.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Dec 20, 2007, 04:42 PM
    Yeah, I have one on my chin that can't be covered up no matter what. I really hate it. I've been thinking about seeing a dermatologist to see what can be done. It's not too noticeable, but still... Yeah, if the person asking about it is a guy, makeup probably won't help, lol! I didn't even think of that! :)
    mstkay76 Posts: 16, Reputation: 5

Dec 22, 2007, 03:56 PM
    There are a number of scar cremes on the market. I used one on some surgical scars as well as some scarring on my chin from pimples that was 15 yrs old and it helped immensely. The discoloration was not as bad and the scars that were 'crater'ish' ended up filling in some and not being so deep (those were the fresh surgery scars.)

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best scar treatment? [ 14 Answers ]

Well I recently got in a car accident about 4 weeks ago, and I got cut pretty bad on my face, and has a big scar... anyone know of a real good scar treatment that has worked for theM?? I have tried mederma and have seen no results.

Pimple scar [ 6 Answers ]

I have had lots of pimples on my face but after, I've squeezed all of them, a permanent scar remains. Is there anyway I could remove these annoying scars?

Scar [ 8 Answers ]

Hello!! I need your help... I have lot scars in my legs because I never take care skin from mosquito and I am wounded when I am young. What should I do to remove this? Please help me...

Scar removal [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a scar removal that can remove my old scars?

Scar tissue? [ 2 Answers ]

I had Callie spayed about a month and a half ago. Her incision seemed to be healing really well. I watched for puss and redness everyday. After a month went by I slacked off a bit and when I looked at it today and it is extremely puffy, raised, red, and hard. I think it's probably scar tissue but...

View more questions Search